Saturday, April 29, 2006

Frightening frogs

North America is missing out! I saw a video by Michael the Turtle entitled "Ghostbusters." For some reason, I could not look away. I had to do some research on what I had just witnessed.

It seems that it must be connected to the Crazy Frog phenomenon. Seriously, why is this not all the rage in North America? We secretly harbor the love of cheesy 80's music.

I most definitely need the video game. It is for ages three and up. Yippee for frog action! Is there someone in Europe who can hook me up? It is time to get Strawberry addicted to video games.


It seems I hastily posted this yesterday. Obviously if we were exposed to it on this side of the ocean, it would be something that we'd love to hate. It's called The Annoying Thing for a reason.

My main point was how can one culture embrace this to no end while we are oblivious to it? There is a Singing Plush frog that plays the ringtone when squeezed. They also have been snatching up the board game, a desktop nodder, keyring, backpack, lunchbox and even air freshener.

And yes the froggy's wee wee gets complaints there too. He must be a boy.

I have never noticed video games, in particular PS2 games that are marketed for ages 3+. I'm only aware of teen and mature ratings. If there are PS2 games that are available for young children I would like to own a couple. I'm not looking for educational games, just the regular fun kind. I don't want to expose my children to violence but I guess a scary looking frog I could handle.

10 Singing the blues:

noncommon said...

how come he's got a peenie in the picture you posted?

Stacy said...

That pic is a little scary ...

Anonymous said...

ummm yup freaky yet cute in a weird way..

Anonymous said...

sorry but the the frog suck.

sorry to the peopel who like the frog.

Anonymous said...

hey p.s why dose the frog have a pee pee. hehe

Anonymous said...

I know it's been mentioned already but it's worth repeating, those frogs are freakin' scarry looking..and it seems the're also anatomically correct ;) My son loves that song and gets me to play it over and over for him...cute at first then it's just damm annoying.

The Domesticator said...

Gee...I'm glad I'm missing out on this one. What's the deal with his...umm...ANATOMY? Yuck!

Heather Bea said...

That song was on XM kids this morning and my kids were dancing all over the room. I hadn't heard it before but since the original song got on my nerves this one would as well.

MrsFortune said...

Wow. That's just weird. I'm glad it's not popular here. I mean, I guess that talking fish is a HELL of a lot more stupid but that thing is um... it reminds me of the clown in Poltergeist for some reason.

Cristina said...

He looks like a froggy rendition of Leonardo Di Caprio in the Aviator. Weird.