Monday, August 27, 2007

Making Nice

When I think of things that are nice I envision blueberry pie, a sunny day and Reese Witherspoon.

I also think of it in terms of exchanging pleasantries with someone you don't know very well.

Them - "We just got back from a trip with our in-laws."
Me - "Oh, how nice!"

I save it for times that sound like it might not necessarily be my cup of tea. It has taken on a double entendre that I also reserve for the phrase "that's interesting."

I prefer to say the word as an entire sentence, in a slightly sarcastic tone and as if I was a character in the movie Dazed and Confused.

Nice.

Needless to say, you could imagine how excited I was to receive my very first blogging award: The Nice Matters Award. It comes with this really nice button.

It's because I don't swear on this blog right? Thankfully it was awarded to me from my wondrously, brilliant friend Sandra. She equates nice as the plain, boring, single girl that is being set up on a blind date. She's told all her hot, single friends to check out my nice blog.

Don't get me wrong. I am gracious that Sandra recognized me and I am going to take this opportunity to bring back nice. Because it's sexy to be nice.

“This award is for those bloggers who are cool people and awesome blog friends - those who bring tingly feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you’ve been awarded, please pass it on to 7 others who you feel are deserving of this award.”

Now I'd like to make nice and pass it on.

The sexy Motherbumper helped me with the finishing touches on the new nice button! She often creeps into my head and this makes me feel less alone.

Debbie has the biggest heart. I love her to pieces.

Nora and Pattie are like long lost friends. I hope to share conversation and wine with them one day.

The loveable Kittenpie is a more reasonable version of me but as a sexy librarian.

Kyla and Chelle are beyond sweet.

So who's up for a big party in Nice so we can enjoy the niceties of the French Riviera? I'll even bake a pie while wearing some nice lingerie!

*For real fun use this post for as a drinking game. Take a large gulp of your favourite beverage every time you read the word nice. I'm sure that I'll look nicer when you're tipsy.

14 Singing the blues:

Kyla said...

Niiiiiiice.

Love the new button.

And thanks. :)

crazymumma said...

I love all the nice that is floating around.

I think we all need it these days.

Debbie said...

ain't you sweet.

this comes on the heels, reading this post, of having been not so *very* nice to my son because he's chosen, also not nicely, to stay up almost 2 hours beyond his bedtime (I think he misses dad). screaming is his preferred mode of alerting me to that.

I needed this award.

and *you* are the one with the big heart. me? just plain sappy.

xoxo

motherbumper said...

awww and in such great company too - thank you SBB - smooches.

karengreeners said...

you are nice!

Lisa said...

Congrats on your award. :-) Supacool!

Cristina said...

I agree with all of your choices.

And congrats on your award!!

Anonymous said...

awww shucks ... thanks so much. I passed on the niceness :D

The Domesticator said...

*HICCUP* You are right about drinking during this post.....*LOL*

Aww, thanks so much, Jana! Someday I hope to meet you so we can talk and share a glass or two
;-)

NotSoSage said...

The new button is so much more nice...and naughty.

nonlineargirl said...

When we do meet in person I have a nice joke for you. In the mean time, thanks, I think. To celebrate I am going downstairs for a nice piece of pizza.

ewe are here said...

Congrats on the award...

And,ooooh, I think I may have to swap my button out for your sexynice one...

Ruth Dynamite said...

And nice you are! Congrats!

kittenpie said...

Aw, thank you, honey! I would love to think I'm a bit like you! And I might just steal that button...