Thursday, June 01, 2006

Peering into the crystal ball


Thirteen Things for me to write about

If I mention to Colin what I am planning to write about in this space, he always groans. (Thanks for the loving support honey!) Here are a few topics that I've been meaning to tackle and a couple others that will likely come up due to the foreseeable future. With a bit of luck I will soon squeeze in some time to write something a tad more comprehensive.

1. My neighbors. They are not that inspiring but I'd like to vent.

2. Living with my embarrassing condition. Wow, now that portrays me as the freak that I am!

3. Religion. Being more of a spiritual type, living with a strongly agnostic person and sending our girls to a Catholic Daycare can be built in humor.

4. Nighttime thoughts and bedtime rituals.

5. More of Strawberry's wisdom.

6. Buttercup's wondrous developments. This baby has dance moves that make me think that she will be auditioning for music videos any day now.

7. How mornings will be the death of me. I will soon have to get myself up at the crack of dawn to find some unimaginable way to get myself presentable, the girls dressed, in their car seats and delivered to daycare. I will then have a massive coffee in hand as I arrive with left over energy to my office in a timely fashion. My maternity leave days are numbered.

8. Daycare adjustments and obsessive heartbreak. See above.

9. In June we will celebrate both Father's Day and our wedding anniversary so I should share some sweet words about Colin.

10. A more in depth description of my struggle with motherhood. I need to clarify some thoughts about my last post.

11. Baby steps at reclaiming myself.

12. The importance of the female bond. Friendship makes life more rewarding and interesting.

13. Admiration of fellow bloggers. I wanted to give Lucinda and MommaK's A Perfect Post Award to Mommy off the Record. She wrote a loving and yet real entry honoring her grandmother just before her Nonna passed away. I highly recommend dedicating a few hours to reading the best of the best of May, which you can find at Petroville and Suburban Turmoil.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

25 Singing the blues:

MrsFortune said...

Well, I for one would like to hear about all of those things - especially the motherhood stuff, of course. I got married on Father's Day, too! I mean, my anniversary isn't on father's day this year or last year you know, but our actual wedding was on father's day.

mamatulip said...

Number seven is something I struggle with on a daily basis, and I don't have to go to the office. ;)

Geggie said...

I can't wait to hear about your embarrassing condition! Hehe!

Amy The Black said...

Getting yourself and kids ready in the morn: You'll figure it out! I somehow did, and I have even shaved time off in recent weeks. For example: Do they really have to wear their shoes? Just bring the baby shoes and leave them at the daycare. Let the workers put them on!

The Domesticator said...

I look forward to hearing more about the things on your list :)

Trish Ess said...

Interesting list! I'll have to check back to see if you've posted about them. :)

One Scrappy Gal said...

I'm married to an agnostic too!! I agree that there's lots of fodder there for humorous stories. :)

Stacy said...

That's a good idea listing all of the things you want to talk about. This way when you hit a wall or draw a blank you can look back and pick a topic.

Anonymous said...

Good idea, I wish I was that organized. and had that many subjects to write about. Wait, maybe I have if I think about it. Hm, now i wish that you didn't remind me of that *lol*

I'm off visiting your recommended bloggers...

Lori said...

What a great idea making this list. I always have a hard time deciding what to write on Thursday...
My list is up!

Crista said...

Yup, another great list idea...I read more and more each week that I aim to copy. :) So sorry about the impending end of your maternity leave -- it just sucks, doesn't it? I'm lucky in so many ways, working part-time and not needing a daycare, but it STILL sucks. *hugs* from one momma to another.

-tnchick- said...

Another non-morning person here. I couldn't even think of 13 things to write about - without MUCH thought.

Anonymous said...

Great list! I'm not much of a morning person either. LOL I happened to mention on my list today that I love the sunrise and I'm hearing from all kinds of non-morning people ... little do they know that I usually only see the sunrise if I happen to still be up. :)

Anonymous said...

Great list. I'm with about the morning routine. If my husband [who is a morning person and a stay-at-home-dad] didn't get the kids ready for school in the morning they'd probably be late every day. :) I comb my daughters hair and that's about all I'm good for in the morning.

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

Great list, I for one look forward tooo to all those posts, I am sure to book mark your blog so that I can come back often! :) Your children are beautiful!

Wendy Boucher said...

NOw I'm full of anticipation about your future posts. Great idea for a TT! Thanks for stopping by my site today.

Cristina said...

Thanks again for nominating my post. :)

I look forward to reading more of your blog...these ideas sound like they'll make great posts! Especially #s 10, 11, and 12. Oh and 2 and 3. OK, AND #8. OK, they ALL sound intriguing!

MaR said...

Wonderful topics, let's read them! enjoy your maternity leave and don't worry: you'll do just fine!!! Happy TT, thanks for visiting!

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

It seems there is a plethora of things to write on, doesn't it? And yet. I sit in front of the computer and can't figure out what to write. This is akin to having a closet full of clothes and not a thing to wear.

I have no idea why this is.

Thanks for visiting my T13.

Marcie said...

Sounds like you have lots of ideas. Can't wait to hear about them.

Undercover Angel said...

I hate mornings too. Life would be so much better if the day started at noon!

Sorry I'm so late making my TT rounds, but yesterday was bad from the get go. My TT is up.

Sandra said...

I am looking forward to reading all of this quite frankly. Can't wait :)

And great choice for the perfect post award. Well deserved indeed!!

Andrea said...

Looking forward to this! Thanks for the peek.

Shash said...

Mornings start too early, I definitely agree!! It's nice to meet you BTW!

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!!

Shash

Suburban Turmoil said...

Great Perfect Post choice! Thanks for participating.