Friday, September 15, 2006

Soon Zune

Microsoft is going to be offering some competition for the MP3 market.

Zune vs iPod

It seems a little late to be getting in the game. Zune will launch in time for holiday gift shopping. It's a 30 GB player and it contains a WiFi connection that will provide limited sharing functions for music. That large color display screen sure is nice. As I still need to join the portable MP3 world, I don't know which one I should buy. I'm guessing it will depend on price.

I've also been wondering if the world needs this.

Is there a market for organic Pop-Tarts? It brings a new definition to the term healthy breakfast. Yah, I don't think so.

13 Singing the blues:

Unknown said...

Yuck! Organic toaster pastries? I'm all for natural food- but toaster pastries? Pop tart and organic just don't belong in the same sentence LOL.

I have to join the portable MP3 player era myself- still haven't gotten one.

metro mama said...

We don't have an MP3 player yet either - keep us posted what you learn when comparing the two!

Awesome Mom said...

You mean you can't just slap the word organic on something and make it healthy? lol

I am hoping for an iPod this Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I am an Apple girl myself so the imitations are sweet but nothing beats the real thing. I have a vintage Ipod Mini that I cannot imagine living without. Husband has the video ipod that he keeps close at all times.

Hmmm organic pop tarts .... I will skip too!

Anonymous said...

I lived on pop tarts as a kid. But no, we don't need those, except at PMS time....

Christina said...

Oooh...that would be good competition for the iPod. Especially the wi-fi connection and large screen - features lacking in the iPod!

Debbie said...

I've come really close to buying the Trader Joe's version of those poptart taste treats on a number of occasions. the only thing preventing me from doing so is the example I'm setting (i.e. a crap one) for my kid if I eat that for breakfast. on the other hand, I love pop tarts.

shit. I'm so gonna break down and buy them next time I go, b/c did I mention? I love pop tarts. (ever have the s'mores ones? oh, good god. divinity.)

The Domesticator said...

Yeah, the frozen organic toaster pastries are going a little overboard. I guess the marketing people figured they can get an extra 20 cents a box because it is "more healthy"....hmm....I have been known to fall sucker to advertising gimmicks, though.

ms blue said...

First I say that Microsoft is too late to jump on the MP3 player bandwagon and then I confess that not even me, Ms Music Industry, has one. I'm a walking contradiction. I apologize Bill, you are right on time. That doesn't mean I'm not going to buy an iPod. I think I need more GB's than you offer. The sharing limitations are silly. We all know that if it is built in, half the population will be hacking into these features for evil. But the bigger screen may sway me.

Anne, Lildb and Pattie - oh yes I write no to the Pop-Tarts but it may just to be convince myself. I saw these organic treats weeks ago and I haven't stopped thinking about them.

To everyone who magically finds a way to comment on my temperamental site thanks! And to the others that have e-mailed me in frustration, I'm sending you Pop-Tarts for the inconvenience!

Her Bad Mother said...

I've seen those toaster pastries. I was tempted. Any suggestion, no matter how ludicrous, that something sweet and yummy might be good for me, I'll buy it. I need to maintain certain delusions.

Anonymous said...

Um ... no to the organic pop tarts ... isn't that a walking oxymoron?

And I am in loooove with my ipod so I am a bit biased on that debate.

Heather said...

I feel the need to confess that as an adult (age-wise, at least) I tried my first pop tart ever just over a week ago and must confess I'm in love. As for organic, I didn't realize anything on the ingredients wasn't man-made already - so I didn't think organic was much of an option.

Anonymous said...

I have an ipod nano. I love it. The interface is not awesome but I don't know how I survived without it before I had one.

Sorry, there is no way you can tell me those pop tarts are as good as the real deal. If I'm going to be bad I want to be really BAD!