Tuesday, July 31, 2007

111 Hours

BlogHer '07 has come and gone like a flash of lightning and a squeal of delight. While I did have the most awesome time, there were moments that required some liquid courage. I met some spectacular women and stood back and admired many others from afar.

This could easily turn into an ode to the lovelies at BlogHer '07 with plenty of inside jokes slipped in but that's not what the weekend was about. It was a time for bonding with women that felt like old friends. There were meaningful hugs that spoke for thousands of previously typed words. I held in my heart these writer's stories and matched their stunning beauty to their lives. It was completely overwhelming but I'd jump through hoops of fire to spend more time in their presence. Even if you were not there, we carried your words into the mix.

For now I am going away. I'll be slathering myself up in sunscreen and chasing after my girls at the lake. While I won't have access to the internet, I will be compiling video footage for your viewing pleasure.

15 Singing the blues:

Kyla said...

The footage...*shudder* ;)

Have a wonderful time with those beautiful girls!

NotSoSage said...

Damn, woman. You summarised in 200 words what it took me a thousand to write. Amazing.

Have fun with those future BlogHer attendees (snicker).

Run ANC said...

Wish I could have been at BlogHer to meet you, but maybe since you're so close, we could have a nonBlogHer blogger gathering here in the Big Smoke?

motherbumper said...

oh god... the videos... we is in big trouble... please edit kindly ;)

kittenpie said...

HOney, I love this mini recap. Mine's going to be fucking epic. I have no editor.

I'll miss you. I love even more after all that time together, and now I wish you were my next-door-neighbour. Have a great time away with your girl. (And Niloc, of course.)

metro mama said...

I had such a great time with you. Can't wait to see the videos!

Have a great time at the lake.

karengreeners said...

Ok, I just looked through all 91 photos - I'm gonna need some names!

Anonymous said...

There are not words for how utterly fabulous it was to meet you and your fellow MBTs (except HBM whom I met and loved in 06) this year in Chicago.

It really did feel like meeting up with old friends. No awkwardness for me in the least except maybe for those first few minutes when I was nearly blinded by the collective beauty and warmth of the MBT group.

Seriously LOVED meeting you and your amigas. Wish Toronto was just a couple thousand miles closer :)

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

I'm missing you already but I have to say that I'm really happy you never got me on video. You didn't, right?

Enjoy the lake and those two beautiful girls!

ewe are here said...

Have a great time at the lake!

Mocha said...

Oh, yeah, baby. Video. Can't. Wait.

Ruth Dynamite said...

Well said. I loved meeting you and your Toronta sistas. Can't wait for the video!

Anonymous said...

It was awesome to meet you and all the Toronto ladies. I'm only sorry we didn't get more of a chance to talk.

Hope you and your cuties enjoy your days at the lake!!

crazymumma said...

I am seething. seething with jealousy. I want names, dates places, incriminating moments..fess sister. fess.

Anonymous said...

Why did I have that same ridiculous look in everyone of my drunken photos?

Love you