Monday, October 15, 2007

Fringe

Anyone who has ever tried to grow out their bangs knows how difficult the process can be. There are many awkward stages. Do you pin the hair out of your face or let them hang in your eyes? The crazy amount of time waiting for the front to catch up with the rest can feel like eternity.

I highly do not recommend growing out bangs in the infant or toddler years. All those silly same moments are multiplied. Have you ever watched a child who has not mastered walking skills maneuver through a mop of hair? Quick add a layer of padding to everything!

Toddlers are fairly snotty creatures. Who am I kidding? They are snot machines. Boogers stuck in hair are not fun to brush out or peel off of cheeks.

Plus don't you want to see that adorable two year old hiding under there somewhere?

All this is to convince myself that I've done the right thing. This weekend I reached my breaking point. Buttercup was placed in a pink car salon chair and bangs were created. To make me doubt myself even more, she sat perfect still with her bottom lip perched way out. The girl is a pro pouter. Now I can see it clearer.

Of course I think she looks perfectly cute but a little more typical. It might be bang remorse but I don't know if we are back to the long process of growing them out all over again. I only have a small window of time for deciding how I want her hair to look before she exerts her individuality with her own decisions on style.

13 Singing the blues:

Pendullum said...

She looks adorable...
And my daughter who is ten, is just starting to grow her bangs out...
It is driving me nuts...
As it is in such an awkward phase...
and it is picture day today....
Yeah....

Anonymous said...

aw. it's cute.
i don't want to ever do that growing out bangs stage with my girls...so i'm just planning to never let them have them in the first place.
and clips. we use lots of clips. :)

kittenpie said...

OMG I love it. SO cute! And more like you, too, which is, of course, just gorgy.

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

The bangs are ridiculously cute. She rocks them.

ewe are here said...

Soooo cute.

And there's never a good time to grow out bangs, never! It's why I'm never cutting my off again, I remember the agony.

b*babbler said...

She is so ridiculously cute, both with and without the bangs. (Can you tell that I am perhaps the most indecisive person in the world? Expect a similar post from me in about two years.)

naturebunny said...

aww she's such a cutie. Bangs aren't so bad.. I've had 'm all my life.. because of my ridiculous forehead. lol. Kayla calls me egghead.

moplans said...

Adorable!

Anonymous said...

She looks fabulous!
I had Becca's hair cut with bangs before we moved ... we are growing them out now ... I like her look better without ... sigh booger hair here we come!

Gabriella said...

Ohhh so sweet! I've been in this situation many times, Samantha currently has bangs because everytime I try to grow them out they get in her way of walking, sleeping and eating. And she doesn't use clips. I'm all for the bangs now.

Don Mills Diva said...

I am growing out my bangs right now! But I don't look as cute )with or without them) as Buttercup!

Anonymous said...

Well worth the wait. Its adorable!

nonlineargirl said...

We are struggling with the bang grow-out here. Ada has FINALLY submitted to hair ties or clips, after months of no-no-no.

Your girl looks great with bangs!