Thursday, November 08, 2007

All the Cool Kids are Doing It

Thirteen variations on NaBloPoMo

National Blog Posting Month

1. January - NaGoGymMo - National Go to the Gym Month. Too many holiday parties lead right up to the popular New Year's Resolution.

2. February - Ho&BoMo - It's Hot and Bothered Month. Couples are already getting some for Valentine's Day. This is an extension for all twenty-eight (and sometimes twenty nine days) straight. Just Do It!

3. March - DriPiGuinMo - Drink Pints of Guinness Month. You'll see me swaggering home from the pub nightly slurring something about those lucky Irish leprechauns.

4. April - NaEatOutMo - National Eat Out Month. It's likely the only month where everyone participating remembers the acronym.

5. May - FlaYoUnMo - Flaunt Your Undies Month. It's a spin off of NoBloShoeMo - thirty days of shoes. It is an exclusive club so we can expect Britney Spears to lash out, as she is unable to participate.

6. June - NaCreMaMoNational Create Martinis Month. Find your favorite concoction with a different martini every day. Trial and error with gin and vodka.

7. July - NaFilMoMo - National Filthy Mouth Month. Talking dirty and swearing is mandatory.

8. August – NagYoSpoMoNag Your Spouse Month. It’s time to perfect your nagging skills.

9. September – GroYoLoMoGrow Your Locks Month. No haircuts or shaving allowed for thirty days.

10. October – TuTuTelMoTune in, Turn on your Television Month. Couch potato’s unite!

11. November – BinOnTreMoBinge on Treats Month is putting Halloween candy to good use. Like I need a reason to eat chocolate?

12. December – NaGiGiMoNational Give Gifts Month because who doesn’t want a gift every day of the month? On the 12th day of NaGiGiMo my true love gave to me…

13. All year long – NoSleMoFoNo Sleep Mofo – There is no time to sleep because there is always another peer pressure activity to join in on.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens :

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

19 Singing the blues:

MaR said...

LOL, very creative list!! I participated last year but this year I was gone at the very beginning of the month and next weekend too.
Have fun posting every day !!!

Zenmomma said...

This list is hilarious!

Mandy said...

THAT was freakin' hysterical!!!! LMAO!!

impwork said...

(Hope this isn't a double post but the Captcha just went a little crazy)

Will you need to add a second NaGoGymMo after NaEatOutMo?

Very funny TT :-)

Anonymous said...

Haha..this is an interesting list..

Bea said...

So funny. At first glance, though, I thought martini month was going to be National Cremation Month.

Anonymous said...

Nice Thursday post! I love Thursdays, Time to watch Greys anatomy , ER and then fall asleep. I just posted my Thursday post. I had my tooth pulled yesterday so Im still under the weather, but dont worry the post doesnt show pictures of my tooth!

Have a great Thursday!

DEB

DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

Any chance of HeGeThaFaBu month? (Help get that family the bus month?)

Oh, I know... BLATANT schilling!

Cool list... what I find funny is that there needs to be this month where the powers that might be ask for a new post daily... I've been doing that pretty much solid for over a year!

Anonymous said...

You are very funny! Seriously!

Anonymous said...

you are hilarious. i love it!

Denise Patrick said...

Very funny list! Very creative. I especially like FlaYoUnMo - poor Britney! LOL

Happy TT!

motherbumper said...

Hat's off girl - this is an awesome list! Personally, I'm all about #10

Anonymous said...

Ha! And I never knew what the NO and MO meant until now.

Tania said...

Is April subject to interpretation? I'm not entirely certain how to proceed.

Patti said...

This is hilarious!! :) Love NoSleMoFo!! Haha Happy Thursday! :)

kittenpie said...

Oh, funny!

This past month has been both NoSleMoFo AND TuTuTelMo for me. No evergy to do anythig else.

JO said...

i always see these codes from other blogs, but never knew what they meant until now. thanks for the info.

Kyla said...

Ha. At first glance I thought the undies photo was actually connected to NaEatOutMo, which makes it TOTALLY different. Totally different. LOL.

Very funny list.

Creative-Type Dad said...

I'd like to join NaCreMaMo please...