Monday, August 31, 2009

Sleepdriving away

Sitting on the ledge. Praying to be pushed over.
Drained by the sad songs that make my heart ache fiercely.
Surprised by reactions.
Stronger than I give myself credit for and I hear it in my voice as I comfort my mother.
Anger seeps in from those that hold me dear.
Frozen in fear.
The numbness dissolved by incomprehension makes the darkness intimidating. I will force myself to march or stumble through it.
Scrapes, bruises and blood.
My despondent heart will not go unscathed.

5 Singing the blues:

karengreeners said...

Oh my friend. I thought of your smile so many times yesterday, wishing us gals could be sitting beside each other more. In the absence of hugs, take these words, kay?

xo

Sandra said...

Love and laughter and strength and understanding and solidarity and chocolate and friendship and whatever you need whenever you need it ... sending all that to you.
xox

Kyla said...

Hugs to you, my dear faraway friend.

b*babbler said...

I am so inordinately angry for you. And wishing that there was something that we could do to make it just a little bit better.

Wine on a Wednesday night, perhaps?

kittenpie said...

Anger from your friends indeed. Know that while your heart will necessarily be bruised, we hold it in our hands, and we know yuo can do it, even without us at your back. You are fire and life and can't be kept down.