Saturday, April 01, 2006

Insert tongue in cheek

I was going to write about March's lion and the lamb theory but instead I decided to make a little observation on the blog world. I'm very new to this and I don't know much about anything. Hell there are very few people that even know about me and my new little home here in Bluedom so I feel pretty safe in letting these thoughts flow freely.

Much like real life, this magical world is made up of a variety of players.


The Ultimate A List
Here you will find actual real life celebrities.
Right alongside are the legendary players. Everywhere you go people make mention to them like they are the
almighty, powerful leaders.
People who have brought home the bacon with their writing. They are the
naturals.
People who have blogs that have won awards of excellence. Your peers love you. I'm not familiar with the awards but I know they exist and I'm sure I'll eventually find you.
People who can be so
thought provoking as to inspire half the blog community to run back to their own place and vent. Their words, love 'em or hate 'em, are creating a buzz.
And of course, the
It Girls. They are witty and smart. Oh yes, these sassy girls are the real deal.
Many found within this list overlap definition.
The A List people have a die-hard fan base that leave comments like they are going out of style.
(*Examples provided are only a few of many. They were added to reflect admiration.)

Respectable B List
These are people who have been around for a while. They are comfortable with what they write and have a loyal circle of friends here. You'll see their name on many a blogroll. If you consistently have double-digit comments on your blog, you are on the highly respected B List. This is where I aspire to be.


Average C List
The C List is made up of the newbies. They are still trying to find their voice and let it be heard. This is the list that I hope I'm currently on.

The Dreaded Downright Dirty D List
These are the crazy stalkers. They hang off the A Lists every word checking thirty times a day to see if they have a new post yet and what comments have been made. They dream about things to write but their posts rarely come out the way they were intended. They always use alliteration, repeating the same words and have a fondness for adjectives. Not an original idea in their bones, it is a given that their grammar and spelling is nasty. I have not found any bloggers that fall onto the D List and don't imagine that they are out there. It is likely just my all time consuming Greatest Fear that this is how others view me.


So now, think about your heart's desire.

Stare deeply into these stars and make a wish...


If you leave five comments on a variety of blogs within the next hour, you will find happiness.

If you add five people to your blogroll, you will be blessed with many friends.

If you leave five comments in blogworld and add five people to your blogroll, your wish will come true.


Wink, wink... Happy April Fools Day!

23 Singing the blues:

The Domesticator said...

Ha ha...you had me going! Happy April Fools Day!

PS...I enjoy your blog! I'm a newbie, too...on the "C" list, but that's Ok :) (I hope not the "D" list)

Marcie said...

What a great post! With all the hierarchy and the drama, it's making me think that high school never ends.

Anonymous said...

lol! I am glad so many are having full with April Fools Day!

mamatulip said...

I'm flattered that you thought I should be on your A-list. :)

Man, I forgot it's April Fools! I was gonna pull the whole "I'm pregnant" thing on my husband! Damn.

MrsFortune said...

I want to be on the "F" list ... that is, occasionally funny. :-) I guessed the "it-girls" too before I clicked. I'm psychotic. I mean psychic.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me it is April Fools Day.

I was like, two, too, to darn buzy stocking blawgs and checking awn my comentz for the thirtyeth time.

kittenpie said...

Chalk me up to a "C" lister who aspires to make it to "B" one day.
I had silly songs and stories for the kids at the library to day in honour of the first.

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Is there a Z list? I might be on that one. LOL

I recently updated my blogroll and I was convinced I put you on it. When I checked my site I hit the refresh button at least 5 times because I didn't see your link on there. I'm rectifying that right now.

Bad Mrs. Chicky. Bad, bad, bad.

nonlineargirl said...

It's a weird world, I'll grant you that.

Sandra said...

I am decidedly a C (or, like Mrs. Chicky, a Z if that's on the scale).

I knew nothing about blogs or the blogworld before a month ago. I am such a newbie still that I could only guess about 2 of your links.

Sandra said...

Oh I think you are B now look at the double-digit comments!

IzzyMom said...

I have no idea where I am in the blog hierarchy. It's hard to know how other people see you but if the Truth Laid Bear thing is no bullshit, I'm a flippery something or other. Sounds kind of gross actually...lol

As for Blogrolls...mine is hopelessly outdated because I use Bloglines most of the time now.

Great post!

And MegaMom...I feel the same way but I'm going. You can be my PIC!

ms blue said...

Thanks everyone for letting me have a little silly fun. You're all A-OK to me!

mama_tulip, I even made that bacon reference before I read your hilarious pork post. I must be just as psychotic (I mean psychic) as you mrsfortune.

mrs. chicky you are as always brilliant, brilliant - thanks!

sunshine scribe I'll always remain a C (as in Cup Size)

izzy and mega mom I'd feel so good if I knew that my post united you for an adventure at BlogHer. izzy you are going to have a blast!

Mocha said...

I want to create a list of my own. You know, gals who blog from prison.

I KID. Because I'm pained NOT to identify myself on any of those lists. Still consider myself a newbie, but you sure did list the heavy hitters!

That Free Coffee Deal is posted on my msn space if you're interested. I'm thinking....Yeah.

owlhaven said...

yeah, I'd like to be on the f for funny (every now and then) list too!!

Mary, mom to many

kittenpie said...

oh, I so have to update my "Fantasy Neighbours" list. I have met a whole bunch of new ones this last week or two!

scarbie doll said...

Hmmm... don't know where'd I'd fall. Somewhere between C and B I guess. I try not to think about these things, though it's inevitable. I feel it clouds my writing. I also didn't start blogging with the hope of being read by more than friends, but I have to admit, the attention is addictive.

ms blue said...

Silly me! I really didn't intend for anyone to feel like they should rate themselves with my craziness. It was supposed to be a poke at my obsession with blogs.

Everybody laugh at me now! It's ok, I'm laughing too. Hmmm... I'm the only one laughing? I knew this damn post didn’t come off the way that I intended. I’m back on the D List.

Stacy said...

I am on the C list - a newbie for sure!

Anonymous said...

Thank you *blush* I don't think I've ever been an it girl?? A-LIST? Cripes.

I'm getting a shirt made up right away. IT *ahem* is bound to be over soon... Might as well live it up.

Are you going to blogher? If so, a drinky on me, eh?

Mom101 said...

Oh now I get it--my A-list designation is an April Fool's joke. I swear I only have like 35 readers. It's just that every one of them comments, sometimes twice.

Meanwhile, the first sentence of your D list description suits me pretty well. So I guess I average out to a B-.

I'm with Kristen: free open bar drinks on us at Blog Her! Hooray!

ms blue said...

kristen - I wish I was going to blogher. I'd run out and have a t-shirt made that reads "The It Girls got me drunk!"

mom101 - you can't fool me. 18,000+ unique hits can't be wrong. (See, at least your crazy, stalker fan is in another country huh? hee hee. And no worries, I need to renew my passport)

petite gourmand said...

looks like you are an A lister today..almost as many comments as Dooce.
I'm definitely not on the a,b or c list.
fine by me.
too much pressure to be one of the "cool-kids"
you are right, there are some seriously good writers out here in blog land.
As much as it feels great to just write about whatever, it sure can bring out the insecurities in the best of us.
all I can say is thank god for spell check.