Thursday, May 25, 2006

Exposed

(Header courtesy of tnchick)
Thirteen pictures of me through the years.

1.

With my younger cousin in the glorious 70's.

2.

I won first prize for my beautifully decorated bike. My mother painstakingly spent hours creating this magnificent masterpiece. I proudly rode it very cautiously in my hometown parade.

3.

Bringing in 1995! Colin's hair was almost as long as mine.

4.

This is our Singles/Reality Bites moment of the 90's. We were the epitome of grunge. It made youth way too much fun. I'm the one kneeling.

5.

This photo brings back fond memories of time spent with a visiting girlfriend. We made wine; went to a bush party that had major drama; toured the city like foreigners trying to fit as much into one ultimate, action packed week as possible. Damn I loved those tattered jean shorts.

6.

Easy breezy summertime at the cottage.

7.

Taking the boy back home to do the Prairie tour.

8.

Life lesson #247 - It's important to match your outfit to the wallpaper.

9.

Under the rainbow - Niagara Falls 2001.

10.

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." - Anais Nin

11.

In 2003 with baby Strawberry.

12.

Punk rock mom.

13.

Finally here is a somewhat recent self-portrait.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens. I'm using the automated linking code, so if you are a Thursday Thirteen participant, please submit your link and leave me a comment.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

46 Singing the blues:

-tnchick- said...

that's pretty cool to see you then till now -that bike is so totally cool hehe

Carmen said...

I liked your poof-decorated bike! I can see why you won the prize.

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

What a beautiful momma!

Changed by His Love said...

I love the dress and the wallpaper (#8), that was hilarious! You are brave putting those pics up!
My TT is up!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sweet life journey. It's like a flip card of changing photos. I love the wallpaper one!

Heather said...

Wow, what a neat TT to see all the pictures of you! I loved your ocmment about matching the wallpaper!

Undercover Angel said...

It was awesome to see all of these pictures of you! What a great TT! My TT is up!

Wystful1 said...

Awesome!!! Why we got to see you grow up. This is sooooo cool.

Drop by and see if you can guess my T 13

MaR said...

This is such an special TT, thanks for sharing your pics, loved the lesson about matching the wallpaper, lol!

Anonymous said...

Great hair!

Trinity13 said...

I love that flowered dress that matched the walls...how cute!!!

Have a great Thursday!

Red said...

Great T13.

Zach Braff must have been inspired by picture no. 8 for that scene in Garden State! :-)

My T13 is up, come and say hi!

BTW, I just LOVE your children’s names.

Andrea said...

You have such expressive eyes. Thanks for sharing!

kittenpie said...

Look how cute you are! I love that grunge era pic - totally reminds me of the undergrad years. And buddy looked a little Jason Mewes in those old photos.

mamatulip said...

You look like someone that I would totally be friends with. I love this...thanks for the snapshot moments of your life.

The Prairie tour -- are you from the Prairies?

Mom101 said...

Aw, you're one of those women who gets better with age. Amen to that!

Unknown said...

great pics!I especially like the Daisy Wallpaper one, and the one with Baby Strawberry, I love how babies look at their Mom! Niagra Falls is one place I'd love to visit!Happy TT and thanks for visiting mine!

The Domesticator said...

Jana!!! I am sooo glad you decided to post your picture! Damn...you are cute...I especially loved the pic of you and your husband under the rainbow...how rare is that? Oh, and the dress to match the wallpaper??? That made my day...it's nice to put a face to your name! :)

Janet said...

interesting to see your progression thru the years :-)

Trish Ess said...

Great photos! Thanks for sharing!

Happy TT!

Cristina said...

Yay, I love learning what my favorite bloggers look like. Very cute photos. I love your hair in each one!

nonlineargirl said...

I think we had that same wallpaper when I was little.

I love the way Strawberry is looking at you, very alert.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great montage of photos!! Thanks for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

What a good idea for a TT. Thanks for sharing you with us :D

Shannon said...

what a great way to share the memories. if I still had photos that haven't been lost all over creation and back I'd do the same. I applaud you for sharing in such a way that makes the rest of us want to go to the photo album and reminisce.

Sandra said...

Are you kidding me? I've been reading you for months and had an image in my head of what you would look like and now that I have seen your pics I am like ... how is this fair... cute, cute husband, cool job, good writer, cute kids, clever AND a dress that matches the wall paper?!?

Seriously, thanks for sharing the pictures. You are much braver than I am. I don't know if I'll ever be brave enough to unmask.

You look like the kind of woman I completely expected you to :) I hear that Scarbie Doll and Marla are working on planning a TO bloggers get together and I hope to meet you in person soon.

Oh and how great was the punk rock mom shot.

Back to bed...soooo sick. Hope your week is getting better with all your stress and house guests too.

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Holy Crap! I don't know what I was expecting... You are too fantastic with that blue hair, or silver, or purple, or red, or whatever the hell your hair color is. I love the one of you with little Strawberry. A new mom is not supposed to look that damn good.

Btw, I love the grunge pics but I like the wallpaper dress more.

Lena said...

You are GORGEOUS!

That's all. Out. ;)

noncommon said...

i'm with sunshine - you look totally different from what i pictured. wow! your are beautiful (not that i thought you weren't), and a free spirit! lovely! i'm impressed and smiling.

ms blue said...

Oh my dear friends! You are all way too good for my ego. Don't worry; the cheques are in the mail!

And yes Mama Tulip, I was born in Manitoba and raised in Saskatchewan. The land of the beautiful sunsets and frigid winters. Brrrrrrrrrrr....

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

What fun pictures. I loved the movie Singles. You guys look like something out of Dude, Where's My Car. I suppose we all looked that young once, huh?

In some of those pics, your guy looks like Jason Mewes, Jay, from the Jay and Silent Bob Kevin Smith movies. (warning, movies have much profanity, but they are very funny)

One Scrappy Gal said...

#6 is beautiful!!

#8 made me snarf my drink. :-)

Your child is beautiful!! I want to put blue streaks in my hair!! I need to be more brave though!

Amy The Black said...

Separated at birth? Perhaps! But isn't it strange that we both mentioned Anais Nin in our Thursday 13? Strange.

Marcie said...

That was so fun looking at all your pictures. Your kids look like the perfect mix of you and you husband. Love the wallpaper and the shirt!

Wendy Boucher said...

Thanks for visiting my TT yesterday. I got sick and wasn't able to return all my phone calls (visit those who visited me). So I'm leaving a late hello today. See you next week!

Anonymous said...

I like the one of you with the blue hair best. Though, that bike made the 9 year old girl in me jealous as hell!

Stacy said...

You are a brave woman (with very cool hair)!!

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyable, this trip among your life! Great idea. Honor mention of the bike, dress & wallpaper (love that one!)

Thanks for stopping by :-)

Tracy S said...

Wow such a cool idea for a TT ... I do not know if I am brave enough to post pics of me as a kid..some are very dorky ..lol

I LOVED the wallpaper /dress matching there ... That was hilarious!!!

Debbie said...

you are the cutest. :) thanks for giving us a peek into your life.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What awesome photos! And I love that bike, too. You're definitely a "cool mom" Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

I'm late on this one, I see, but I love this idea! Thanks for sharing all those, brave lady.

Table4Five said...

Great photos! I came here from Mrs. Fortune to BlogMakeoverDiva to you, and then I saw that you used the same Anais Nin quote that I have in my blog header. Very cool!

One of these days I'm going to get it together and join the Thursday Thirteen group, it looks like fun.

Holli said...

Loving the bike! Loved reading your blog :)

scarbie doll said...

Ooh Punk Rock Mom! Now I'm going to scour the city trying to find you!

Urology Surgery in India said...

Amazing amount of great, actionable advice. I will keep coming back to this Post...