Thursday, July 06, 2006

Occupying valuable space

Sometimes I look at people and I am curious to know what they are thinking. What makes them tick. My brain works as an infinite pit of randomness. I thought it might be interesting to share a glimpse inside. Without further adieu, I would like to introduce a new segment entitled:

Divulging the hidden
mumbo jumbo


50% less diapers makes me 100% over the moon! Yes as of last week, Strawberry is a big kid now. Going back to daycare, gave her the mindset that panties are the way to go. You've got to love peer pressure!

As I get a lot of hits because of my
gum post, I thought I'd mention that I'm currently chewing Trident Watermelon Twist Trio Melon with the great fruit fusion of watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew. Why does every gum have to be sugar free, flavoured with aspartame? I was under the impression that aspartame is not a good thing to digest.

Buttercup is getting extremely frustrated that she is not more mobile. She's got the bum scooch down pat. I've seen her go from one room to another with this method. She'll be turning one in a matter of days and she is desperate to stand, walk and run. I'm sure she is imagining all kinds of new dance moves that she'll be able to do with the skills that elude her.

If Lisa Loeb can't get a date is there any hope for the single thirty something woman?

The level of excitement that the FIFA World Cup generates is enthralling. When Strawberry hears cars honking or sees people waving flags, she thinks that she has discovered a parade. On the rare occasion when I have had to pick the girls up from daycare, the traffic's been as slow as molasses with the police rerouting travelers due to a game in progress. It will be complete mayhem in Little Italy on Sunday when everything wraps up.

My groovy girls are developing a fine taste in music. Strawberry asks me to turn up the radio when "Dani California" comes on and Buttercup does her trademark shoulder shake to "Steady, As She Goes." This makes me so proud.

If I were a scientist, I would be working on biogenetically creating a money tree. Send $29.99 now to get your very own Money Tree. Guaranteed to yield you 500 times your return or your money back. Hurry now this is a limited time offer. But wait that's not all! With your Money Tree you will also receive a lovely Rose bush with no thorns.

I want to know what crazy thought ran through your mind today. Let me know that I'm not officially crazy. Please?

17 Singing the blues:

nonlineargirl said...

Not crazy, just thinking about a wide range of things.

My gal is also trying to stand a lot. Plus she's started to climb, which is not my favorite. Why did I not anticipate this?

Anonymous said...

My crazy thought was something along the lines of 'how long would it take me to run to the airport and get on the first plane to Cancun?'

It was a long day.

I agree with you about the World Cup excitement level. Horns and flags and big Italian men in jerseys shouting. Good times.

crabbykate said...

My crazy thought of the day was: "was Goofy a dog or a wolf?" Seriously. At least when I was still breastfeeding I could blame it on lactation brain. Now I have no real excuse, except for the fact that I spend most of my days answering the unending questions of "why" from a preschooler.

scarbie doll said...

That Lisa Loeb shit was so set-up it wasn't funny. She came off as a snobby bitch, which is fresh for a one-hit-wonder. Argh!

Debbie said...

I was wondering whether I was going to have to hit the ER to have my nipple surgically reattached, as my teething son clamped down after he fell asleep and wouldn't let go, even when I hit the eject button with my index finger (something he also tried to bite off, while asleep, before waking up, panicked and screaming). I mean - do they reattach nipples? I would assume so; but what if it's just a piece of a nipple? what if it's too small to sew back on? luckily, it's not something I would have to explain to a lot of randoms, since not *too* many people get a gander at me nips currently/in futuro.

sigh.

p.s. your dancing kidlets - reminds me of the video you posted of them groovin'. CUTE.

Cristina said...

"Why does every gum have to be sugar free, flavoured with aspartame?"

I've often wondered this too. I'll take the sugar over the aspartame any day though. Cuz sure they SAY aspartame is "safe" but they said that about cigarettes, asbestos and mercury too. And look where that got them.

The Domesticator said...

That gum sounds yummy, no matter what the hell is in it! :)

And now, a I am going to have "Dani Califonia' in my head for the rest of the day!

You are certainly not crazy....I have hundreds of random thoughts going through my head on a given day...like right now...I am chewing ice...I could break a tooth right now. If I did, would it hurt? I don't have a dentist here in this town yet...or a doctor...or where would I get a haircut? Would they do a good job? job? Maybe I should get one. See? It's not just you...

Andrea said...

Not crazy. I just did a post on this myself.

Stacy said...

you are so not crazy. my problem has always been getting a song stuck in my head for no reason. this morning it was carly simon's "you're so vain." i don't even like carly simon.

kittenpie said...

oh yes, I once in a while do those random posts too, when I've just been noticing weirdness around me. Often people watching does that for me. Here's one from yesterday. (I'll add it to a post soon for Tulip, who likes these) A lady with a wild orange afro, wearing a deep red knee-length, short-sleeved shift dress. She looked like Orphan Annie grown up and working as an executive assistant. I'm starting to think I should have a camera phone for these moments.

And I have SO had that thought about Lisa Loeb. I mean, puh-LEEZE!

Lena said...

I think it's hilarious that you get hits on your gum post. I get hits every day on how many points Hot Tamales candy are on WW. Who knew?

Yay on the 50% less diapers! Woo-hoo! Your new tagline should be "Now! Less stinky!".

Her Bad Mother said...

My crazy thought - when did Kermit and Miss Piggy actually hook up? Did they ever actaully hook up, really? When did that relationship begin?

Bea said...

50% less diapers! Yay, you! Oh, how I'm looking forward to that day. But I think I'll be waiting awhile - tonight, as an experiment, I tried to get Bub to pull up his pants on his own, and he protested loudly at this attempt to distract him from his current obsession, which is learning to count to 30. He'll be counting to 100 soon, but still wearing diapers...

Sandra said...

SO not crazy ... I like this divulging the hidden mumbo jumbo feature.

Yay for Strawberry! That's exactly how my guy potty trained (himself) - it was all about peer pressure.

My "crazy" thought process for the day:
- If I fall asleep with my iPod on will I dream to a sound track like a movie?
- Why haven't they pulled "America's Got Talent" off of the air yet??
- Should I eat Chocolate Cake for breakfast as a reward for eating well for the last two weeks? Just a small piece? There are dairy and eggs in it and those are healthy? And although it isn't dark chocolate, some of the dark chocolate benefits must still be present somehow? And maybe if I eat it with a V8 juice that will make it healthy. Or if I wait until 9am then that's okay? Ya this no eating sugar thing is killin me

We'll to be honest I could hijack your comments (I alreaady did) and ramble with about a dozen more random thoughts. I love this feature - might have to rip you off some time soon :)

motherbumper said...

DON'T GET ME STARTED ON ASPARTANE! Poison I tell ya', poison... but great to chew!

I'm just trying to figure out today why Bumper likes to chew on my shoes when I get home. She always goes for the most recently worn shoes. Is she trying to taste where I was?

kittenpie said...

Hey HBM, if Kermie and Piggy did get it on, they could totally not worry about birth control too, being cross-species to such an extent that they really wouldn't have to worry about viable offspring. Woo-hoo! Muppet love...

Anonymous said...

Wow the kids are doing some fun stuff...no diapers and scooting!