Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Get that white jacket away from me!

I have my suspicions that an evil force is trying to invade my brain. After checking to see if I have locked the door I walk away thinking that some dark side Jedi has convinced me that I have locked the door, when in fact they have made me leave the door unlocked so that my most precious darlings will be stolen.

I have always felt the presence of a potential invasion but have held strong against it. Should I have a moment of weakness I am sure that they will storm in. No no, they can't make me leave the stove on. They won't make me unknowingly slip some poison into my husband's orange juice. I won't submit. My brain is more powerful.

Only time will tell if I will be able to hold onto a thread of sanity. The omnipresence of the evil mind tricks explains my neuroses and my mild Obsessive-compulsive disorder. However I think Parker Brothers should keep their Ouija board away from me.

12 Singing the blues:

Anonymous said...

invasion of the body snatchers....
ummmm...going out on a limb here, or PMS?

ms blue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ms blue said...

No Anne it's much worse. I'm trying to rationalize my paranoia and suggest spookiness for the season.

Why do I have to check to see if the doors are locked three times? Why don't I trust myself? Am I crazy? Is my case of OCD not so mild?

Someone please diagnose me sane. Do you do this too?

Bridgermama said...

"Invasion" huh? I just thought I was going a little nuts. ;)

Bea said...

I used to have a roommate who was constantly convinced we'd left the stove on - she had to re-check every time she left the house.

Is this something that hampers your quality of life? Has it gotten worse recently? Are there factors you can identify (sleep deprivation, stress) that would explain any such change?

I've always figured that everybody has a crazy door. Mine is my fear of bees. When I'm really stressed, it turns into a mild agoraphobia; under the right conditions, I can imagine myself becoming unable to leave the house. But as long as it doesn't reach that point, I just keep on living with it, and making my husband kill any bees that get in the house.

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

If it makes you feel better I never leave the house without saying to my husband "I'm forgetting something I just know it." The only times I don't say that are the times when I have, in fact, forgotten something.

But if I were you, I'd stay away from the arsenic.

Sandra said...

You sound just like my husband.

We all have our "thing" ... I can't be in the house alone unless all the lights are on. I figure something scary is less likely to happen in the light.

Anonymous said...

Are you pregnant? I ask because when I am pregnant a fog fills my brain and I am at a total loss!

motherbumper said...

I diagnose you SANE with a capital S (and a n & e). My OCD comes and goes (hourly) and these brain fart haven't really ceased since Bumper came on the scene so I take it as absolutely normal. But I'm with Mrs. Chicky - just in case, stay away from the poisons.

Anonymous said...

Totally sane. But possibly needing a little chemical help. I have generalized anxiety disorder (irrational feelings of dread, OCD, superstitious, panic, uneasiness.)

I take a low dose of lexapro and it has made a WORLD of difference in my life. Call your doctor. I told mine my symptoms and he perscribed it over the phone. It's allowed me to actually enjoy being a mom rather than spend my time worried sick that something bad would happen to Hailey.

cinnamon gurl said...

"I've always figured that everybody has a crazy door."

Mine was a fear of vomiting, especially outside of my home. Led to more than mild agoraphobia, but seems to have gone away as a result of cognitive-behavoural therapy. More generalized anxiety still returns during times of stress too.

Off to continue reading your more recent post. I had to read this one first after starting the other one.

kittenpie said...

Blue, we do all have our things, as the other have said. It always revolves around the Spiders for me. Checking my boots, checking above my head on the porch, checking the ceilingss in Spider season, that sort of thing. (And I'm a shameless scratcher of any manner of bumps, so the fact that I now have little bumps on the backs of my arms is making me nuts! (and slightly bloody))