Friday, October 20, 2006

Something Baby Pink

No, I'm not blushing.

I found out from the incomparable Mom 101 that I could help raise awareness for Breast Cancer. (Of course, I want to be just like her but not pregnant.)

She has included some very cool links to help us stay informed and some products that we could buy that are donating proceeds to breast cancer research and prevention. Yummy things like Chick Chocolates which I purchased when I was in Seattle for my first girl's weekend. Mmmmm... delicious! I highly recommend them.

The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation has more products that are supporting research.

The facts in Canada:
· In 2006, over 22,000 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer.
· Breast cancer survivors represent 1% of the female population.
· The good news is that the incidence rates of breast cancer have stabilized since 1993, and mortality rates have declined steadily.

In a perfect world, cancer would be something that our future generations would only know about from information in text books.

10 Singing the blues:

motherbumper said...

Pretty in pink
Isn't she?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, You Rock Something Baby Blue. HBC is currently carrying a number of the "pink" items and I bought the huge bags of the pink M&M's (which I then ate all by myself - tummy ache or what?). Great cause and you DO look so pretty in pink!

Cristina said...

This is an important cause and it's great that you are highlighting it on your blog.

I saw the pink "breast cancer awareness" M&Ms for sale a couple weeks ago. I have to be honest and say that I thought there was something a little off about raising money for breast cancer by promoting M&M sales. I wrote about it here.

I do think that raising money for Breast Cancer is a good cause obviously, but I think I'd stay away from buying the M&Ms, as it feels more like M&M is using breast cancer to promote their candy products. Just doesn't feel right to me.

Anonymous said...

Great cause and I totally applaud you for taking a stand and getting the word out!

Major Bedhead said...

I wish that diabetes had the same visibility that breast cancer has. I think it's fantastic that they raise so much money for breast cancer awareness/research, but I'd like to see the same push put on for diabetes. My daughter has type 1 and there's only one big campaign every year. The JDRF should hire whoever came up with the Think Pink thing.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I don't know how I missed you. Your blog is great.

vasilisa said...

Breast cancer terrifies me. My grandmother died from it. And it ran in her family line. I applaud you for raising awareness.

mod*mom said...

thank you thank you thank you
for your lovely pinkness!
+ your enthusiastic post!
i hope you're right about you're right about future generations not getting cancer!
breast cancer gets a lot of attention, but let's hope it leads to cures or atleast better treatment for all types of cancers + disease

karengreeners said...

tickled pink that you're spreading the word.
in honour of pink october, i had my breast exam on tuesday. everything's cool, but i always breathe a sigh of relief, and send a blessing to all my sisters fighting breast cancer.

Sandra said...

Hey you look good in pink. Nice job spreading the word!

Her Bad Mother said...

I tried to do this, but it just turned my script pink, rather than converting the background. Looks great on you, tho!

Anonymous said...

I think pink looks great with all the red hair. Good for you, I hope you raise lottsa money.