Sunday, November 19, 2006

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow...

Today brings upon us a season of good tidings yet we started the day off as grumpy as could be. After hastily chowing down cheesy eggs, we grouchily made our way towards the uplifting sounds of marching bands blasting Christmas carols. We hoisted the girls into the chilly air to catch a glimpse of Santa and his crew.

On the walk home, the mood had dramatically changed. I turned to my once surly husband and asked him why he was grinning. He dreamily replied "I saw Santa." It seems I am married to a five year old.


We saw Santa too!!!


While some may think that eating too much turkey causes sleepiness, apparently so does seeing that jolly man with his reindeer.

When we got home and I whipped up a batch of white chocolate macadamia nut cookies to take over to our first Christmas party of 2006!

The princesses unwrapped presents.


Showed off their new shoes!


Munched on broccoli. (The food of Princesses!)


Were wrangled by punk rock Uncle.


At the end of the night, I was giddy on too many glasses of wine. We loaded up the exhausted girls as they squealed with delight that it was snowing! Oh how I love this magical time of year.

More photos will be found on Flickr.

P.S. - Want to bottle up some good karma? Head on over to Mommy Blogs Toronto.

12 Singing the blues:

Kristin said...

First Christmas Party?! But it's only November!

Man, I need to party with more Canadians!

Blog said...

Great photos!! And...mmmm....white-chocolate macademia nut cookies -- are you trying to make me hungry or what!! I'm totally salivating at the thought of those scrumptious treats...!

Run ANC said...

I love this time of year too! I was dreading the Santa Claus parade, though, because I don't like standing around in the cold. Other than some meltdowns, and me having to hold a 30lb weighing Boy in my arms for 1.5hrs, we actually had a really good time. Bring on Christmas! I've been excited all day.

Baby in the City said...

sounds like you had a fab weekend. Did you really do all this AND get to the Horseshoe?

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

You Canadians really get your Christmas on early. Santa and a Christmas party? I shudder at the thought of it.

(glad you had a good time thought.)

kittenpie said...

hey, where was it snowing? Not around here...

ewe are here said...

Wow. I'm still trying to gear myself up to get our Christmas shopping done, and you're already having parties? Wow.

ms blue said...

Since we celebrated Thanksgiving over a month ago, after Halloween is over it 'Tis the Season north of the border! We love to party and we need to stay warm some how!

Tania - Nope I crashed on Saturday night so Colin went to see Tahiti 80 in my place. At least he bought me their new CD to make up for the fact that I missed out.

Kittenpie - You didn't see the light fluff of snow falling last night and this morning? Of course nothing stayed on the ground but it is beautiful to walk in!

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed our local Christmas parade on Saturday. On Sunday, we watched the Toronto version on t.v. which was a 100 times better. You guys are so lucky to live there!

Jodi @ blog-o-licious said...

Your girls are SO cute.

Debbie said...

I wanna be your neighbor. what a delicious experience. and those girls. and that 'cup, asleep on the sofa.

yum-o.

Creative-Type Dad said...

Punk rock uncle?!!

I want one of those. That's cool