Saturday, November 04, 2006

Their First Rave

This afternoon we took the girls to their first rave. It was a dance party for children. The DJ was spinning retro. He played "Hungry Like The Wolf" and then "Jessie's Girl!" It was my kind of party.

But Strawberry was feeling too shy so we hung back. At one point she started to get her groove on and she did a break dance move. I tugged on Colin's pant leg only to look up and realize that I was offending some other dad. Eek! He didn't look impressed. If only he had a few adult beverages he might have laughed.

We hope we tuckered our girls out for the babysitter because we're off to holla it up! I hope to have more substance for NaBloPoMo tomorrow.

11 Singing the blues:

Cristina said...

Wow, your kids are cooler than I am - going to a rave and all! And I don't see why that dad was offended by a breakdance move. Jeez. Don't sweat it.

motherbumper said...

I wanted to go so bad this afternoon but the fates were working against us. Good thing because Bumper didn't nap this morning... Anyhow - I'm glad you had a great time, I'm sorry I missed you and I want that pink hat!!!!!!

btw - pulling the other guys pant leg - that's such a me move :)

Haute Mama said...

my kinda (music) rave!

kittenpie said...

I love it! We should do stuff like that - except of course I was busy cleaning yesterday aft. Blech.

Christina said...

Oh how cool! I only wish they had something like that where we live!

karengreeners said...

that looks awesome. next time i'm rockin out with my babe for shizza.

Anonymous said...

Strawberry looks like she's having a good time in that picture. I love her t-shirt!

Anonymous said...

I used to go to raves quite a bit many moons ago - back then most of the attendees had soothers becuase they were consuming illicit substances - but soothers look entirely more reasonable for the younger set at that rave.

scarbie doll said...

I'm so there next time!

metro mama said...

We're going to the next one fer sure!

Sandra said...

Oh so cute! Loved those photos. We're in next time too!