Oh the sharp pain - I am now acutely aware of just how much saliva I produce. Even though it feels like there are a thousand razor blades in the back of my throat every time that I swallow, I desperately want to move far away from the experience in my last post. Enough about sickness. I need a good dose of festive cheer. Kittenpie to rescue! She offered up a Holiday Meme.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Could I have a non-fat gingerbread latte no whip instead please? Thanks!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just place them under the tree?
I think his elves wrap them. He doesn't have time to do all the work.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Pretty multi-colored lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, that's much too dangerous.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Oh right! I should do that! Our naked Christmas tree sits in our living room like it is just another plant. A really tall seven foot plant.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Perogies soaked in butter and onions.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child:
Getting together with my mom's side on Christmas Eve and then traveling to my dad's side on Christmas Day. Christmas Eve was always rambunctious with plenty of anticipation. On Christmas Day I couldn't wait to see what my Grandma had drawn on their windows.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
What? Did he have an affair? No, not Santa! Say it isn't so.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Growing up we always got to pick one present from under the tree to open on Christmas Eve. Lately we've been exchanging gifts with Colin's side of the family on the 24th.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Lights first, strings of beads, then all the ornaments with a final shimmer of icicles. I might add that they are put on one by one as I'm an insane perfectionist.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love it as I watch from the warmth of being inside.
12. Can you ice skate?
I used to be quite good at it as I was in lessons since I was four years old. Once I got to the stage where I had to go before and after school, I dropped out.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I loved them all. I honestly don't remember not liking a present as a child. Unfortunately all the years are starting to blend together. I do remember not wanting to part for a second with my record player.
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Being together with family.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
I love a large selection of bite sized sweets on festive holiday trays. I really need to gather the recipes so that I can recreate these dainties.
I used to love throwing an annual party. We really should continue to do that. You never outgrow the need for holiday "spirits" to toast the Season.
17. What tops your tree?
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
The classics are all so good but an untraditional choice would be "Thanks for Christmas" by XTC.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
I've never been a fan but Strawberry loves them!
If you so desire, spread the holiday cheer. Don't forget to get in on the goodness at Her Bad Auction.