Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Coppertone Girl

Strawberry giggles. She runs her hand up and down her arm.

"Whatcha doing?"

"Suntan lotion. I'm putting suntan lotion on."

She continues applying something to her other arm.

"Let me see what you've got."

I am thinking she has a small container of body lotion or maybe the shampoo from the bathroom. She turns around and shows me her empty hands. This has me concerned because I can see that her arms are glistening.

"Smell mom!"

Cautiously I lean over and attempt to catch a whiff. Thankfully it is unscented.

She giggles some more and lets me in on her secret. "Boogers!" I march her upstairs for a bath. Who knew boogers were so shiny? The girls have been mass producing them. If there is ever a market for bottled mucus, we'll be rich.

17 Singing the blues:

Tania said...

All I can do is grimmace and shake my head.

crazymumma said...

eeewww!!!!!!

ewe are here said...

Oh no! Eeeew!

Heather said...

Hah that's hilarious! Just think of all the fun of sharing that story when she's older and rolling her eyes at her mom. ;)

Creative-Type Dad said...

I'm feeling a little gross now...just before dinner too.

((shivers))

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA I have heard that boogers are great for the skin!!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I hear it has a very high natural SPF

kittenpie said...

OMG that's hilarious! (And if you ever do find that market let me know because I have always been quite the snotty individual myself.)

Awesome Mom said...

Rofl! Snot makes great hair gel too. You could have a marketing field day with it.

Anonymous said...

that is hilariuos! And kinda gross....

Run ANC said...

Yucky! But funny...

motherbumper said...

Please, please, for both our sakes, don't let Strawberry and Bumper get together to discuss strategy. Because if we do, there will not be enough soap and hand towels to keep our corners of the world clean.

I've missed reading you and right back at ya: I'm trying not to laugh but suntan lotion? THAT'S TOO FUNNY! :)

carrie said...

Oh no . . . who knew there were so many uses for snot? I remember when I found out that my kids liked smearing them on the wall between their bed and the wall (GROSS!).

Hope the runny noses clear up soon!

Carrie

The Domesticator said...

OK, I totally didn't see that one coming. OMG....kids are so....disgusting sometimes, aren't they? *LOL*

nonlineargirl said...

Nice. Ada picks her nose and hands the boogers to me. Not sure which is worse.

Blog said...

Haha! that's hilarious. I mean, you can laugh at it now, right!? ;)

moplans said...

ewwwwwwwwww!!!!!!