Thursday, March 29, 2007

Keep It Real

The very real Metro Mama challenged me to spill ideas on real mom truths.

Real moms wait until their children are asleep before indulging in chocolate. We say we are doing it for their benefit because we don't want them to have all that sugar but really we don't want to share.

Real moms encourage their children to discover an interest in cleaning. Swiffer Dusters make excellent toys.

Real moms dress their children funny... because we can. It inspires them to find their own sense of creative flair. They will later look at these photos and express repulsion but secretly love the ensemble their mom created for them. This explains my fondness for green velour matching outfits and bell-bottoms.

Real moms see their children's boo boo's and they experience every ounce of that pain multiplied by a hundred. We feel it in our hearts.

The millions of hugs and kisses make us better too.

I tag Krista and Scarbie Doll.

16 Singing the blues:

Anonymous said...

Yes times 1000. You nailed it.

motherbumper said...

Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one trying to encourage house cleaning - it's gotten so good that Bumper drags out the broom and dustpan at the drop-in centre we attend (I get major high-fives from the other parents).

And real moms are better because of all the hugs and kisses. Rock on Baby Blue.

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Oh, the boo boo. It kills me.

Anonymous said...

Awww, so sweet and so true! Especially the part about chocolate. ;-)

Your girls are just beautiful!

Run ANC said...

Ok, you just outed my secret. I do hide my chocolate and deny its existence, even if the Boy says "I wanna chocolate in the bag. In the bag, mummy!"

myredwagon said...

adorable pictures and all so true

moplans said...

Oh yes the sugar is so bad for them. I never share.
Cute cute shots and I totally agree about the boo boo kisses.

Anonymous said...

hehe we are all about snacking on the good stuff once the kid is in bed!

Christina said...

Amen on the chocolate. I only eat treats after my daughter is in bed so I won't have to share. :)

Anonymous said...

I've convinced Alice that dusting is FUN and that making her bed is SO MUCH FUN and if I say it in this crazy high-pitched way she actually believes me. For now.

Anonymous said...

Yup, to all of this. One of Julia's favourite things to do is dust with the Swiffer Duster and there are several things, chocolate and ice cream included, that I only eat when my kids are sleeping.

kittenpie said...

OMG look at that big pouty lip! Man, Buttercup is going to give you guys a run for it once she figures out how to use that for maximum devastating effect! And thanks, now I must go seek some chocolate of my own...

scarbie doll said...

Awesome! I'll do my version tonight. You already know how I feel about kids and Swiffer. Oh poor landfills... but yay me! Esp when the cat is shedding like a fiend this time of the year.

OhTheJoys said...

Some nights I can't wait for them to go to bed so I can eat a fudgecicle without sharing. I always feel so guilty -- thanks for the validation!

ewe are here said...

hear hear on the 'hiding the sweets post bedtime' and 'cleaning is fun!' game.

Yes, go ahead and play with the mop...and vacuum cleaner...and duster... Altho' I'll hold off on letting mf play with the toilet brush for now ... ;-)

mo-wo said...

Not a word of a lie in there.