Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I've Unleashed a Monster

Colin has caught it... the blogging bug. I can see it in his eyes as they darken and flash electrifying, devious possibility. He leans over and threatens, "I'm so blogging about this." It makes me giggle, as did his post of our girls covered in chocolate bars. I think this may be trouble.

He is finding the name of my blog a little too feminine for him. Come on, blue is for boys, right? I probably should have given it more thought before I dived headfirst into the creation of this site.

Now that we are a quarter way into 2007, I have decided that I need to be a better person. I need to stop feeling like I'm suffocating under the weight of the never ending list of things to do. I need realign my priorities and be a better daughter, sister, wife, friend and even a wee bit better mommy. The last identity is where most of my efforts have been focused. I should be more in contact with the people that I love. I need to pick up the phone, write emails and I really need to send my mom her Christmas present. (I'm sorry mom!)

I recently visited a friend who is the author of a stunning, mouth-watering food blog. All I can say is that I am glad that I am a mommy blogger because there are no expectations placed on us. When getting together with a food blogger, you know that you will soon experience an explosion of tasty delights.

Strawberry had to sample the icing on every delicious Carrot Muffin when we weren't looking. I'm so sorry about that. This mommy blogger cannot even control her kids.

11 Singing the blues:

motherbumper said...

I would have done the same as Strawberry - those look drool worthy delicious.

I understand what you are saying about realigning priorities. But I think you already are a wonderful person so that "be a better person" thing might be impossible.

karengreeners said...

I like your blog and I like you.
Chris always has 'suggestions' for my blog, ideas for posts, things he would have done differently, so I told him to go ahead and start his own. But I never was good at sharing.

moplans said...

It is nice of you to share your blog. I figured Niloc was hooked when I saw the candy photo.

I am printing your friend's chicken wing recipe.
It could happen. I could cook.

metro mama said...

It's nice having someone to pick up the blog slack, isn't it! I keep encouraging Sean to blog more. He doesn't quite have the bug yet tho.

Anonymous said...

I have tried to encourage my husband to blog but he just never seems to have the time ....

Run ANC said...

I'm working on revamping the "Me" me along with the "Mummy" me, too. It's tough man. Let me know how it goes.

kittenpie said...

Mmm, those look delish! Motherbumper was suggesting cupcakes for the shower I e'd about - would that tempt you to come?

Tania said...

I gotta say, my husband and I also had a good giggle when we saw the candy bar picture.

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

That candy bar picture was the best! But now that I've seen the picture of the carrot cake muffins....

drool

mo-wo said...

I knew a niloc about 15 years ago... cool to have another on the radar. up with tag teamin' it.

Kristin said...

I suck at baking... it's been blogged about ;-)