Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Live Blogging from the Abyss

Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Well that really makes no sense, right? The whole point of this space is to share personal stories assuming that someone is going to stumble across the words and possibly make a connection.

But what do you do when the stars align friends find you in Facebook and you reconnect with people from days long ago? To complicate matters, for some crazy reason you've been all willy nilly with your URL. Well I'll divulge the outcome.

~ Blank. Nothing. Nada. I've got nothing. ~

Truthfully two people might make their way over from time to time. The more the merrier and all my friends know the crazies in which I'm inflicted. Am I worried about spilling secrets? No, I'd likely have to invent a few which really wouldn't be too hard to do. It might spice things up.

During this extensive mind numbing phase, when I wasn't daydreaming about jumping on a tour bus, geeking out on Facebook or satisfying Buttercup's demands for her favourite fuzzy red friend Elmo, I have been under a major deadline at work.

Now the sun is shining and I can see the light of day but I've signed up for a new challenge called Project 365 Kids. Seriously folks what am I thinking? Oh right, obviously once again... the void. I am going to attempt to take a daily photo of each of our girls for a year. I'm nervous about this. It seems like a huge task but it shouldn't be so hard. I adore my subject matter.

Smile like the whole world is smiling.

14 Singing the blues:

Anonymous said...

that picture is amazing. they look sooo alike in that shot!

mamatulip said...

Oh yeah, the resemblance is striking! What a great shot. :)

Anonymous said...

That is a great pic! Love the smile like the whole world is!

karengreeners said...

are you going to post the pics each day?

ms blue said...

I'll be taking photos every day and posting them to my flickr account. Luckily the group gives us a little slack and I can put a few days worth up all at once.

moplans said...

oh they are adorable.

Facebook is freaking me out too. It has been nice to be "found" by some old friends but still I worry about who else is out there. Never mind that my placenta brain is so severe someone wrote to me yesterday. I know I know her but how do I know her? It's embarassing.

crazymumma said...

Dance like no one is watching. Freakin' beautiful.

Years ago I saw a photo essay that a father had taken of his daughter. A picture of her, once a year in the summer for 21 years or so. Same pose, similar outfit...it was beautiful. What a great idea, I may have to steal this one and do it myself. And what better subject matter?

And to Niloc...do you ever have conflict about having your car, your silver one? I am feeling vey conflicted about keeping the trans am...but it just feels so darn good....

S said...

Adorable pic.! The pink glasses! The strawberry-blonde hair!

Pendullum said...

I just love pics of kids in sunglasses!!!
Too cute!

Chantal said...

They rock the sunglasses like only children of a cool mom like you could. :)

The Domesticator said...

I love the pics, Jana. I came by earlier, but when I checked out the Facebook link, I went into the abyss! It was a little addicting poking around that site *LOL*

nonlineargirl said...

Exxxxcellent! (twists hands and grins that there are others who think this is a good idea)

kittenpie said...

Ha - I've been worried about that myself, so I've kept the IDs totally separate and not mentioned the bloggyblog by name. Ever. I'm so paranoid, though for no good reason. I just want it to be mine, that's all.

Ire said...

They are sooo adorable! lovely...juss lovely!