Sunday, April 08, 2007

By the time you read this it will all be over

Why do I allow myself to be drawn in like this? It happens year after year. Your hopes and dreams are at first cautious but somewhere along the way you find yourself helplessly sucked in. Soon your hopes grow into expectations. Frustrations build at setbacks. You know you are fool hearty to start to believe your dreams yet you continue to invest yourself.

History repeats. Dreams shattered.

You can argue till the cows come home why The Leafs didn’t make the playoffs for the second year in a row. I’m trying not to care anymore.

* * * * *

Now that was my post 30 seconds ago. The Devils just scored the tying goal with 0.8 seconds left in the 3rd period. The Leafs and The Islanders are now tied for the 8th playoff spot. Toronto would get the go ahead only because of one regular season win that New York doesn’t have. In overtime The Devils have a 2/3rds advantage over The Islanders and here I go again.

Stupid enough to believe.

9 Singing the blues:

EUC said...

It really is like being in a bad relationship.

Every June (or April, apparently now) you say to yourself "that's it, no more of this crap, I can't be dragged down by you anymore. It's over. You can't toy with my emotions, get my hopes up anymore. It's over! I'm through with you."

And every October you think to yourself "hey, you know, we had some good times," and take them back.

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry that the Leafs didn't make the playoffs. I know how it feels though -- imagine being a Washington Capitals fan. We're ALWAYS feeling hopeless this time of year, Alex Ovechkin nonwithstanding.

ms blue said...

I'm think about getting a job on a golf course so that I can continue to watch my favourite Leafs.

Buttercup would have cheered them to the Cup. I adore how she echoed "Shoot" and her chants of "Go Leafs Go!"

kittenpie said...

I feel your pain, man, I really do. Pumpkinpie will be devastated - she's really getting into hockey and watching a few minutes before bedtime.

Anonymous said...

I do feel your pain even though I don't follow your teams.

Every year I get all excited about the Houston sports teams to whom I unabashedly give my heart. Every year I am heartbroken.

I thank God for soccer and the Houston Dynamo. Amen.

Run ANC said...

The Boy loves the Leafs too. It's his favourite daddy-son time.

Anonymous said...

awww I miss hockey .. we catch the odd LA game but it is not the same as Hockey Night in Canada :(

crazymumma said...

mr mumma thru some fortuitous events got to go to the Saturday game. He was so high on it!

Sorry something blue. They are as one of your other commentators remarked, like a bad relationship....

now go eat some chocolate.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I don't want to hear it! My college football team made it to the national championships... and lost. Then, my college basketball team made it to the national championships... and lost. To the same team, even!

I give up.