Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Blue goes Green

Have you ever wondered if the environment is making you sick? If the water you drink is safe? If the air you breathe is toxic? Do you listen to the weather reports to find out if today is a good day to go outside? Do you feel guilty about driving your car and throwing out garbage? Maybe you don't think about it. I often block out these thoughts because it makes it easier to live.

But what if by making a few different choices about the things we buy, the resources that we use and the amount that we consume can make people healthier. Could children have fewer allergies? Can we decrease the odds of getting a life threatening disease?

Some of the websites that I've been checking out are a bit shocking and scary. I wouldn't have bought that sweet smelling children's shampoo if I knew that it contains an ingredient that is linked to cancer. If we are more informed and make better, responsible choices, it will force big businesses to do the same.

I don't want the world to read about mythical snow every Christmas. I know that's a hard thing to get worked up about in July.

But gah, I don't want this blog to turn into a preachy, make you feel bad place to be. So yes, I am jumping on the green bandwagon but I plan to make it fun. It's all starting with Eco Trippin'! We need advice. Do you have some great tips to help us make better choices? We could use your input.

Hey, if you have 30 seconds, you can tell BlogHers Act Canada what you feel is the most important thing that Canadians should be working on. With just a couple clicks you can have your say. You don't even have to get dressed. Now you know that I'm picturing you naked. I have to say you're super hot!

Oh and if you just come here for the dancing, I finally edited the video footage from our trip out west.

2 Singing the blues:

Anonymous said...

I finally got my green post up today. Took me a while, but... it's there now.

Scary indeed.

crazymumma said...

I have been over at Mommy Blogs, I have done my stuff, so this time I was just here for the dancing.

Your girls rock the house.