Friday, July 20, 2007

Messin me up with your voodoo

Hi! I'm Jana. ~insert smile~ Why is it so hard to come up with a 10 second description about myself?

"I have no knowledge of myself as I am, but merely as I appear to myself." - Immanuel Kant

So I asked my husband and he quickly rattled off that I'm generous, honest and caring. However I think that I'm just another slightly neurotic, caffeine-addicted blogger.

The rest of this is not really a ten second introduction unless, of course, you are a speed reader.

Mrs. Chicky asked that I share some details about myself in anticipation of a certain Chicago get away. Let's see. Hmmm… I was conceived in Nova Scotia, (too much information - thanks Mom!) born in Manitoba, raised in Saskatchewan and I live in Ontario. That makes me Canadian. However my ancestors came from Ireland, Scotland, the Ukraine, Poland and England.

I'm married to a guy that I picked up in a bar. We have two fiercely independent, sweet little girls that make me smile everyday. I have an office job that I'm passionate about but it's also a great way to escape the endless housework.

I like to think of myself as a freethinking individual. I'm open to most ideas. I'm interested in people and I love listening to other people's stories. I usually don't do very well with large groups of strangers. I get the sudden urge to run off with a good book. Luckily I've convinced myself that everyone I read is my long lost friend. There are so many of you that I cannot wait to meet that I am having a hard time containing myself!!! There are also many others that I'll have to keep waiting on but I have patience.

I'm crazy sensitive. This means that I'll be able to relate to all your stories. But it also means that I'll be crying in the bathroom because my friend brought back everyone a round of drinks but forgot about me. Man. Sometimes it sucks to be a girl.

I feel the most creative when I'm in the shower and when I'm driving but I'm not good at conversation during either activity.

After a few adult beverages, I may lose my focus on conversations and start dancing on tables. I come by that honestly. (Thanks again Mom!) I love staying up to dawn and sleeping in but I rarely get to do that anymore.

But enough about me! I'll stop rambling and tell you a little about the awe-inspiring ladies that I'm hitting the road with. They are genuine and easy to talk to. They are captivating and charming. You may find that you want to tell them all your secrets because they are totally best friend material. And I'm not just saying that so that I get first dibs on the Brad Pitt-esque hitchhiker that we'll be hunting down.

13 Singing the blues:

moplans said...

Oh I am SO jealous.
you are going to have such a great time.

Her Bad Mother said...

I love you even more now for quoting Kant.

Anonymous said...

I love Jana!!!!

Charming - huh? I can live with that :)

But as much as I love ya ... you are so not getting first dibs on the hitchhiker. I'll charm my way into that spot!

metro mama said...

Niloc has it right.

I'll be on that table with ya baby!

Mocha said...

I second that thought on Kant. Wow. Seriously. Wow.

motherbumper said...

captivating, eh? That's a new one for me and I like it. We have so much in common Jana, I'll probably be crying in the bathroom right with you if something happens. BTW I can't really talk while driving too (phew, I'm not the only one)

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Hey! I'm a shower thinker too. We need to come up with a way to make our laptops waterproof.

Can't wait to meet you, lady.

niloc said...

Wasn’t it Thelma and Louise who picked up Brad Pitt on the side of the road? Didn’t they end their road trip by driving off into some bottomless canyon?

I don’t know… that sort of carnage doesn’t sound so eco-friendly to me. Even if it was an E-85 emissions vehicle. Good thing it’s pretty much flatland to Chicago.

Just kidding… I can’t wait to read about it all as it happens. It will just take me longer to do so because Jana will be taking the hotrod laptop with her. pbbt!

kittenpie said...

Aw, we love you too! I am so excited (though a smidge angsty about leaving my girl). I'll give you a wee cuddle if you start crying, okay?

Anonymous said...

you're awesome, Jana! i just wish i was going to chicago with you!! :)

Jenifer said...

Wish I was going, have a great time!!

BTW thought you might find it interesting that it was your blog I was attempting to read last night when my stepson dumped half his soda onto the keyboard of my BRAND NEW LAPTOP!!

**Sigh... at least it seems to be working!

Anonymous said...

Fellow shower-thinker, here -- nice to meet you!

Run ANC said...

Sounds like so much fun! Wish I could join you guys there.