Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Fifteen

I decided to pull out my old diaries.

December 31, 1986 (Wednesday, 10:43 P.M.)
Well pretty soon it'll be a new day, a new month, a new year!! That's a big change. And that's what I want to do; change. I want to be more daring and my year's resolution is not to get depressed. I started off the year wrong last year and it never got any better. Sure I had a few really good days, but 1987 is going to be packed filled with days like that or better. It's 1987 in New York!! We've got another hour left.

I'm in a GREAT mood right now. I'm babysitting. Reid and Diana are asleep.

I'm filled with anticipation. So much happens in a year. I wonder what's in store for me in 87.

I've lost two pounds and I'm going to lose a lot more. My hair has really grown and I styled it different tonight and I really like it. It's going to get better yet! DEFINITELY. Another resolution is to look my best throughout this new year.

Things are looking up. It's a chance to start over and that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm going to try my best at EVERYTHING I do. Most of all I'm going to be me. I'm going to stop wishing I was someone else because I like me and I realize I'm special. (That sounds really hilarious, doesn't it)

If you can't like yourself no one else can, and if I believe in myself maybe others will too. Well I don't have much more to say in 86 so I'll leave you till 87.

P.S. Only 40 minutes till the best year in my life so far!!


While I can't help but giggle at my fifteen-year-old self, I found out that Reid was in a serious accident a week ago. He is currently in a coma in Taiwan. My thoughts are with him and his family.

3 Singing the blues:

motherbumper said...

I hope Reid pulls through SBB.

I'm too chicken to pull out my old diaries just yet.

Tania said...

So how did '87 pan out?

ms blue said...

MB - I'm totally secure with my inner 15-year-old geek. That's why I followed up with another post a couple hours later.

M&C - Oh to be sixteen again. I promise this time I wouldn't be depressed once.