Monday, November 05, 2007

You Can't Make Friends With Salad

I keep waiting to be struck by something interesting but it seems that I could be waiting for a long time.

I put the girls to bed. I felt chilled so I turned up the heat and promptly fell asleep. Right now I would love a cup of blueberry tea and a captivating novel for some inspiration.

While I analyze my day to find a moment to recount, the only things that run through my mind all have to do with food.

I'm determined to make healthier choices but then I completely forgot the apple that I had planned to take to work. My coworker arrived with a box of chocolately mint Girl Guide cookies for snack time. Sugar seems to be stalking me.

Strawberry took the mashed potatoes we made for supper and spread them on a slice of bread. It was bizarre but yet a starch filled comfort delight. It made me wonder why mashed potato sandwiches were not all the rage. Google proves that this is not Strawberry's invention. My strange search led me to Taste T.O. Genius! Next time I must remember the mayo.

8 Singing the blues:

motherbumper said...

OMG - that is the ultimate in comfort food (right down to the crustless, toasted white bread)... must make one NOW!

Tania said...

Thumbs down on that sandwich. I'm a freak who doesn't like potatoes.

I wish sugar was stalking me. We're running on empty over here.

b*babbler said...

Mashed potatoes sandwiches? A new one, but it wouldn't go amiss in this house...

Kyla said...

On Thanksgiving I slice my rolls open and stuff them with mashed potatoes and a touch of gravy. DELISH!

naturebunny said...

mashed potato sandwiches!!! That's awesome! The girl is a genius. Ever tried peanut butter on apple slices? Again, not a unique invention, but delicious and healthy all the same.

crazymumma said...

There is something about the coming of winter that makes a gal want to eat starch.

But me these days... protein and greens. Craving it!

moplans said...

Every had a chip butty?
French fries in a white roll. British cuisine.

kittenpie said...

Sugar is ALWAYS stalking me. It's like the spider of the food world.