Monday, November 26, 2007

Hush Hush

Ever since Strawberry was about fifteen months old she has always been shy around others outside of our home. She will cling to me for the first half hour of any family gathering until she warms up to her surroundings. Buttercup has been taking notes. Now anytime she doesn't want to do something she lowers her eyes and coos I'm too shy.

It's time for supper.

I'm too shy.

Let's get you in the bathtub.

I'm too shy.

All evening I have had Kajagoogoo's "Too Shy" stuck in my head.

100% sociable, bashful, extrovert and working us.

6 Singing the blues:

Kyla said...

BubTar, too! And he's 5 1/2! Sometimes he really is shy, but he's working it just a little. And the kicker is, he is sooooo social when he is in his zone. He's the talky-talky silly-willy troublemaker at school. Doesn't sound shy to me! But we go somewhere new or out to dinner or to a birthday party (with those same kids) he wants to spend half the night with his head buried in my lap. Goober.

Don Mills Diva said...

So cute! And now I have that song stuck in my head too!

NotSoSage said...

Oh, we too have created this monster. We used "She's shy", too often as an explanation when she wouldn't say hello to strangers, and now she's made it her own.

kittenpie said...

Ha ha! what an adorable little devil. Mine tries, "I'm too tired." At least I can counter with an offer to put her right in bed.

motherbumper said...

Hush Hush Eye to Eye - oh god, it's stuck in MY head now! And now Lamahl's Never Ending Story is coming on - OH OH - it's a melody!

80's music is my comfort food.

crazymumma said...

too shy shy hush hush eye to eye...

I have a feeling she will get over it.