Thursday, January 24, 2008

Under Covers

There is so much
that is right in the world,
But there is too much that is wrong.
I need to search for beauty
To lose myself in song.
I am adequately grateful
for the things within my reach
Yet I'm caught up
in longing for more.
While an abundance
could bring brief smiles,
I think this heavy blanket
would still be hard to shake.

9 Singing the blues:

The Domesticator said...

You expressed beautifully how I feel often. Thanks for that ;-)

ewe are here said...

I really like this.

motherbumper said...

It's like you're in my head sometimes. But with better words.

metro mama said...

This is exactly how I'm feeling this days. Got a bad case of the winter blues.

Anonymous said...

You totally nailed how I sometimes feel. Thanks for putting it into words so beautifully.

petite gourmand said...

this is exactly how I feel this week.

Anonymous said...

This was so beautiful. I envy your way with words, friend.

Kyla said...

January is tough.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Amen, amen.