Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Artwork

The reason I have a hard time letting go of the compact disc is because I am a visual person. I love artwork! While this goes against the don't judge a book by its cover idea, I have been known to go into record stores and snatch up some new artists based on CD covers. We have fallen in love with some cool bands because of the method to my madness.

When I saw this witty post by Ewe Are Here, I knew this was going to be a fun diversion!

By looking at the artwork below, which of these four CD's would you choose for your listening pleasure?

Original photo by スロ

I imagine Gurla Mandhata would have a heavy melodic rock sound. They would gain their popularity by touring with the Deftones, Incubus and Tool.

Original photo by emverdonk

Vernonia is a mainstream singer/songwriter type artist. The lead singer is a favourite with the ladies especially after their sexy video is featured in high rotation.

Original photo by moominsean

This is a punk rock album but RSAM would top the charts twice. The first would be with their anthem hit and of course their second single would be a ballad.

Original photo by flowers for Brei

They launched their career on MySpace with over a million plays of their first single before they even signed a record deal. (I can't believe how much this one turned out to look like American Thighs.)

This was so much fun that I am passing it on. Don Mills Diva, Motherbumper, Jenny The Bloggess and my guy over at Pop Rocks - you are it! By all means, please go on and join the fun. Let me know if you do, as I would love to see your creation.

The meme rules **:

1. The first title on this page is the name of your band.

2. The last four words of the very last quote is the title of your album. Click the "New Random Quotations" button for more.

3. The third picture on this page will be your album cover. You then take the photo and add your band name and the album title to it, then post your picture. Please don't forget to give credit.

** This is rock and roll. Rules are made to be broken!

8 Singing the blues:

ewe are here said...

Oh, these are great, really great.

I particularly like the artwork on the third CD, but I love the name of the first band, Curla Mandhata.


Oh, and which picture editing program do you use? I love your font options... I use paint and there aren't so many.

motherbumper said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome, I saw it over at Ewe's and now I've been tagged. Weeeeeeeee!

I love all of yours - they all look freakin' real :)

Mouse said...

I saw that last one and immediately thought Veruca Salt! How funny is that?

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

I freaking love this meme.

And I would totally buy RSAM's album.

Don Mills Diva said...

What a great one! Thanks for the tag - this is going to be fun!

Kyla said...

These are SO FUN!

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

I would totally by Red Sky at Morning. Looks like the Donnie Darko soundtrack.

Run ANC said...

I want to be cool and like Red Sky, but I think I'm more of an Apenet girl..