Saturday, July 26, 2008

Strawberry and the Magic Weedstalk

Here is Strawberry. She's standing beside our six foot fence.

Our neighbour is growing some massive weeds. At first looking at the weeds peek over our fence would get me all riled up but now that they are this tall, I'm in awe.

The next time our neighbour is barbequing I want to commend him on his weed growing skills. Dude those weeds rule.

Ok, I might still be slightly annoyed.

16 Singing the blues:

kittenpie said...

Some people would be happy if their neighbours were growing weed... OH, weeds. Sorry, I guess that's different.

Julie Pippert said...

Just wow. Is that...ragweed???

I'm sorry you weren't in San Francisco but maybe I can count on Austin again??

b*babbler said...

Um, I don't mean to totally freak you out, but there was a story on these massive weeds on a Toronto newscast early this week. Apparently it's called hogweed and can cause temporary blindness and other bad stuff. It is worse when the plant is wet (which it's been like this summer, obviously). I'm not sure this is what is next door to you, but it might not hurt to check.

The newstory is here...

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_24753.aspx

Hope this isn't what you are dealing with. If it is, there is information on how to get rid of it.

motherbumper said...

oh my holy heck - when I first read this I thought (like KP) how da' heck did they grow weed that tall? But it's weed not weed. Which is both a relief and a disappointment. Anyhow, those are mutant plants and I think the one on the left is eyeing Strawberry. And I'd be soooooo annoyed.

Heather said...

That's just wrong.

sam {temptingmama} said...

Um, wha? I thought my neightbour's unruly tomato plants were bad! LOL

Run ANC said...

Oh, I'd have to say something. I'd feel compelled to.

mamatulip said...

Dude. That can't be legal.

Can it?

moplans said...

you can call the city you know.....
but really. I thought that was a tree.

petite gourmand said...

and not the good kind of weeds I'm guessing....

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Jules and I work at bestrank.com, a company interested in blog advertizing. I found
your blog engaging and I'm contacting you to ask if you are interested in blog post
sponsorship.

If you are interested, kindly mail back for confirmation(jules@bestrank.com).Please
include your blog's URL.
Looking forward to doing business with you.

Sincerely,

Jules Viernes
BestRank.com

crazymumma said...

what petite said. That would be majestic.

Urban Daddy said...

I grew up with that beside my house... neighbour's entire yard full of massize weeds which brought loads of bugs, then small animals, then rodents. I finally had enough and at 11 years old, snuck into the back of his yard and started clear cutting it. I got to the middle of his yard before he noticed there was actually sun and grass in the yard. I noticed used appliances in the yard, washers, dryers, fridges, bikes, etc. It was ugly, and apparently quite traumatic.

So my point...

:)

... Don't let your neighbour get out of hand...

The Domesticator said...

I didn't know weeds could grow that tall. Oh my....time to get the clippers out and sneak over some night and do a little chop, chop, choppin'! *LOL*

Unknown said...

That tells you what I know. I thought is was a big tree - hmmm, *must cut weed that I thought was baby tree in my backyard.*

Betsy Mae said...

Oh I can feel your pain! Our neighbour has his fence three feet into his property line which leaves a small strip of property between his fence and our driveway. We have maintained this strip since we moved in six years ago, every year he tells us that he's going to replace the fence and thus reclaim the land. Oh and the fence is disgusting, it's in horrible condition and he props it up so that we look at the ugly side. Anyway, this year after spending a load of money landscaping our property, as well as putting in a pool, a new driveway, etc we decided that we are sick of dealing with his little strip of land and stopped maintaining it...and he hasn't bothered to either! He trims his shrubs that can be seen in the front and leaves the ugly ten feet tall weeds for us to look at!!!!!!!!!!