Sunday, March 26, 2006

Que Sera Sera


“The reason adults are always asking little kids what they want to be when they grow up is because they're looking for ideas.”
- Anonymous


Scene set up (Strawberry, in tears. Calming down from a tantrum.)

Me -“Oh sweetie, you’re such a drama queen. Maybe you’ll be an actress?”

Strawberry sobbing –“No mom.” (More sniffles) “I’m going to be an astronaut.”

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

When it came time for Colin to decide on a career path, his father pushed him towards the trades because it was the highest paying choice that required little education. He had two uncles already in the trades so it was an easy thing to fall into.

One of the reasons that I fell in love with my husband is because he has a carefree spirit and a special way in finding joy in his surroundings. Colin has a real positive energy. He doesn’t take things too seriously and he definitely doesn’t over think things.

He has always enjoyed the creativity of cartoons and comics. His mother has told him that she is jealous of him because she could never get the same enjoyment out of reading this section of the newspaper. I find myself smiling when I hear him laughing out loud.


On several occasions, he has laughed in his sleep. Last week, when this happened I lightly probed him, “What’s so funny?” He said with a sleepy smile, “I’m making up cartoons in my head.”

I really think he missed his calling.

7 Singing the blues:

Anonymous said...

aww how cool is that!!! I wish I could make cartoons in my head!!! It is crazy how our parents encourage or discourage our path. I hope not to do that with our children...I hope I can let them fly their own way!

nonlineargirl said...

Lucky you, and lucky guy. I've only once woken up laughing, but it was the best way to wake up. Fifteen-plus years later chris is still talking about being woken up by my laughter that morning.

kittenpie said...

hi - thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment! Enjoying your blog, and I love Strawberry's hair. Is that the kids salon in the Beaches?

scarbie doll said...

My husband also laughs in his sleep. He is also into comics, etc. I woke him up mid-laughing dream once. He giggled that he was dreaming he was BJ Birdy (the ex-Blue Jay mascot). I think he missed his calling too!

MrsFortune said...

My husband loves those, too. Does your husband draw them for fun or personal enjoyment or anything? That'd be cool.

Glad I found your site!

Her Bad Mother said...

Does it need to be a 'missed' calling? Does he draw, doodle, whatever, even just for fun?Sometimes the best callings are the ones that you pick up late and pursue just for fun.

He's lucky to have someone who so gets him.

Bridgermama said...

It's not too late! I am in my 30's and feel as if I am just gettin to my calling.

Oh and I wish I could giggle as much as my little dude does in his sleep. His pa, on the other hand, just snores! Great post.