Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Six Show

I'm it! I've been tagged by The Lovely Mrs. Davis, Nicole and Mrs. Chicky.

Here are six weird facts/things/habits about me:

1. My hair turned gray when I was ten years old. It's hereditary. My dad went gray at sixteen. I used to like to freak people out by saying it was because I saw a ghost.

2. My mom tells me that I was conceived on their honeymoon, while they were visiting my aunt in Nova Scotia. The too many details fact was that the deed was done in my cousin's bed. Hopefully she doesn't read this.

3. To get my mom back, she was the first person I called after I lost my virginity. Ok I was a late bloomer but I lived where there were slim pickings. My mom was thrilled that I told her and her first question was "Did you use protection?"

4. Detailed patterns make my brain go wacky. For example a room with wallpaper that has dots on it can practically make me hyperventilate. I become possessed with a desperate need to claw the repetitive design away. I hate looking at patterns.
5. The eerie sound of wind chimes can make my skin crawl. I find myself walking a little faster and wondering if I'm in a horror movie.

6. When I'm in a bad mood, the cheesiest, bubblegum, pop songs almost always make me snap out of it. They've got to be good for something!

And now my six:
BridgerMama
Domesticator
Izzy
Mrs. Fortune
Sunshine Scribe
The Domestic Goddess

Here are the rules:
1. Reveal six weird facts/things/habits about yourself and then tag six people.
2. Leave a "You're Tagged!" comment to let the people you have tagged know they have to reveal six things (or the entire blogosphere will explode and it will be their fault).
3. Leave me a comment letting me know that you have completed your mission (if you have chosen to accept it!).

16 Singing the blues:

CJ said...

I went gray a few years after you, but it does have it's advantages!! Like freaking people out or making them believe I really AM a well-aged sixty year old!!

Sandra said...

My mom collects wind chimes and my husband always jokes that her yard could be a set for a horror movie. Tres creepy!

Okay, so you are sneeky ... and I've completed my assignment.

Anonymous said...

My dad went grey early too.

Great List!

The Domesticator said...

Aw...I love wind chimes! OK, I did my list...hope you enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

How on earth have I never come accross you? I must be living under a rock!

Maybe there is something to be said about memes? Great list!

Anonymous said...

lol I love that you liked to freak people out and you are the type to get freaked out...I do not like crazy wallpaper either!

Marcie said...

You called your mom right after the first time? How cool! I've always been kind of jealous of those types of mom/daughter relationships.

mamatulip said...

Wow, and I thought it was bad when I started going grey at 24. LOL!

MrsFortune said...

I sorta completed the mission .. in a roundabout kinda way. I'm so with marcie on that. I'm pregnant for chrise sake and I would never even admit to my mom that I've had sex. haha.

Anonymous said...

My mission has been accepted and completed! And I'm with Marcie, I'm very envious of those kinds of relationships. By the time I was a teenager all I had was a stepmom and I wasn't telling her much of anything.

Stacy said...

I'm with you on #6 - I love cheesy pop songs! Gray hair at 10 though - that's jsut crazy!

Anonymous said...

I have a grey streak - ala Stacey on What Not to Wear - it used to be bright red and I always knew it would go grey. I have a l/h relationship with it... most of the time I HATE IT.

Bridgermama said...

Blogger is dumb. Trying to post the darn meme, but it won't let me! Will do it tomorrow!

Bridgermama said...

done! Does Kelly Clarckson count as bubblegum pop?

noncommon said...

good for you - calling your mom! that's what i want to happen with my daughter. that's the way it should be. i once had a friend, a ballet dancer from spain, who told me she called her mother after her first time. i thought that was the coolest thing i had ever heard. i was sixteen, and at that moment i vowed that i would try and foster that type of relationship with my daughter, if i ever had one. you're lucky. it may have been payback, but you wouldn't have done it if you knew it would really mess her up.

SUEB0B said...

I'm 44 and STILL won't admit to my mom I have had sex LOL