1. Periwinkle - My longtime favourite colour. I've always thought that if I had to choose one colour to stare at for the rest of my life, that would be it. This bluish purple makes me feel serene. That is why I thought it would be the perfect colour of my bedroom. Much to my husband’s chagrin I found a shade that he could somewhat live with. A close friend helped me paint two walls. It has been years since then and I've never gotten around to painting the other two walls. My half finished project drives me crazy but it fits well in our house.
2. Sunshine Yellow - It is said this colour inspires creativity. My childhood bedroom was yellow. I was always stuck in a book or writing poetry so this theory might be true. Strawberry has always proclaimed that this is her favourite. Even when she was only a year old there were days that she insisted that she had to wear yellow. Do you know how hard it is to find yellow clothes for a toddler?
3. Sage Green - Another calming colour in my world. It was the thing that made me fall in love with our house the moment we first saw it, as that is the colour of our living room.
4. Mocha - My two favourite things mixed together: Coffee and Chocolate. This is my preferred afternoon pick me up.
5. Pink - The colour of little girls. From light pink to hot pink, every hue is present whether you like it or not. The cheeriness makes me happy and it is so innocent.
6. Sangria - The richness of this colour brings a feeling of coziness and warmth. Not to mention that it provokes passion within me. Fruit in wine? Yes please!
7. Cinnamon - The colour of my hair now that I've finally coloured it. It's also one of my favourite spices.
8. Pumpkin - My high school colours were orange and brown (yuck) and therefore it has taken me a long time to fall in love with the creaminess of pumpkin. I would love to paint my kitchen this colour but it has been said that the colour orange will cause you to over eat. That's the last thing I need! I remember being told that fast food restaurants were banned from using this colour.
9. Silver - The colour of the car that I drive. Plus, I just love saying this word. Silver. Silver. Silver.
10. Black - Yes, I know that it is a shade, not a colour. Still it deserves a mention being that my wardrobe is mainly as dark as the night sky.
11. Turquoise - The colour of my daydreams. Oh the sandy beaches and turquoise water.
12. Amber, Ruby, Violet, Sienna - All beautiful names for girls. They make me want to have more children. Colin will faint if he reads this! Also amber is one of my favourite scents.
13. Blue - This colour symbolizes love, modesty and fidelity and that is why brides are told to include something blue in their attire. That is also why I thought it would make a good pseudonym.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants