Thursday, May 04, 2006

Colour my world


Thirteen Things about colours

1. Periwinkle - My longtime favourite colour. I've always thought that if I had to choose one colour to stare at for the rest of my life, that would be it. This bluish purple makes me feel serene. That is why I thought it would be the perfect colour of my bedroom. Much to my husband’s chagrin I found a shade that he could somewhat live with. A close friend helped me paint two walls. It has been years since then and I've never gotten around to painting the other two walls. My half finished project drives me crazy but it fits well in our house.

2. Sunshine Yellow - It is said this colour inspires creativity. My childhood bedroom was yellow. I was always stuck in a book or writing poetry so this theory might be true. Strawberry has always proclaimed that this is her favourite. Even when she was only a year old there were days that she insisted that she had to wear yellow. Do you know how hard it is to find yellow clothes for a toddler?

3. Sage Green - Another calming colour in my world. It was the thing that made me fall in love with our house the moment we first saw it, as that is the colour of our living room.

4. Mocha - My two favourite things mixed together: Coffee and Chocolate. This is my preferred afternoon pick me up.

5. Pink - The colour of little girls. From light pink to hot pink, every hue is present whether you like it or not. The cheeriness makes me happy and it is so innocent.

6. Sangria - The richness of this colour brings a feeling of coziness and warmth. Not to mention that it provokes passion within me. Fruit in wine? Yes please!

7. Cinnamon - The colour of my hair now that I've finally coloured it. It's also one of my favourite spices.

8. Pumpkin - My high school colours were orange and brown (yuck) and therefore it has taken me a long time to fall in love with the creaminess of pumpkin. I would love to paint my kitchen this colour but it has been said that the colour orange will cause you to over eat. That's the last thing I need! I remember being told that fast food restaurants were banned from using this colour.

9. Silver - The colour of the car that I drive. Plus, I just love saying this word. Silver. Silver. Silver.

10. Black - Yes, I know that it is a shade, not a colour. Still it deserves a mention being that my wardrobe is mainly as dark as the night sky.

11. Turquoise - The colour of my daydreams. Oh the sandy beaches and turquoise water.

12. Amber, Ruby, Violet, Sienna - All beautiful names for girls. They make me want to have more children. Colin will faint if he reads this! Also amber is one of my favourite scents.

13. Blue - This colour symbolizes love, modesty and fidelity and that is why brides are told to include something blue in their attire. That is also why I thought it would make a good pseudonym.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
(I was a little late in the game, but hey this is my first time. Still go ahead and leave your link. I’ll add you here!)

1. Skittles 2. Pink Chihuahua Princess 3. Ames

4. Amy the black 5. Chaotic Mom 6. Txsoapmom43 7. Momma bee


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


17 Singing the blues:

Sandra said...

Great list! I am right there with you on periwinkle and yellow and sage (another good girl's name and Jade too).

And now we know a bit more about Blue. My lame guess was that because you had two girls you named your blog something baby blue as a reprieve from the pink. As a mom of a boy - I crave a little pink some days...

Unknown said...

Cool list! I love the first color and the ones in #12. ;)

Thanks for visiting my blog.

mamatulip said...

I am with you on all of these colours. My favourite is orange, hands down, but I love sage green, sunshine yellow, pink, silver...

Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

I'm so glad to know that loving pink makes me innocent. I should really try to get by with a lot more because of that. hehe :)

Thanks for visiting my TT.

amy karp | PHOTOGRAPHY said...

welcome to the T13 - I am so glad you stopped by mine. I am shocked to see how many of your favs are in my home. My family makes fun of me sort of for loving BLACK. Last year my sis-in-law was going to buy me a blanket and asked my brother what color she thought she should get - then quickly said, "what am I thinking? She'll want black!" I have all sorts of colors, but find black furniture to be easier to decorate with...just change the accessories!

WORD VERIFICATION....UGH! :)

Amy The Black said...

Orange is one of those words that famously has nothing perfectly to rhyme with it. The other one is silver. Interesting that they are both colors.

Her Bad Mother said...

Violet! Love the colour, the flower, the name...

(And don't get me started on sangria. Literally and figuratively. Just don't.)

Chaotic Mom said...

I like your first three the best, although my long list would look much like yours, too!

My color faves seem to change with the seasons, heck, with the months! Lately I've been falling in love with chocolate and pink mixes, or sage green and a soft rose combination.

Calming colors, yes, love those. ;)

Thanks for visiting my site!

nonlineargirl said...

I never thought of Sangria as a color, but it makes sense! (and makes me thirsty. too bad it is only 9:30am here.)

Marcie said...

I'm with you on the turquoise. You are so right, it is a color of dreams. Beautiful turquoise water is a very calming thought.

Bridgermama said...

Oooooo...you should come and paint my house, I love you taste in colors! So I guess I should expect you by about 2015 or so? ;)

The Domesticator said...

Periwinkle...beautiful color!

With regards to mocha and sangria: I'd much rather DRINK them than think of them as colors.

It's only 1:30...guess it's too early for a little sangria...although it IS 5:00 SOMEWHERE and it IS Cinco di Mayo...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors that you mentioned. My favorite color when I was a kid was blue. And now I tend to lean more toward the purple shades.

Anonymous said...

anyone who knows me know that my favorite color is red. but when i was little my most hated color was red. its was my dads favorite color. maybe that was why i hated it? i dont know why i love it so much now. but poor dave. his most hated color is red. funny how things work sometimes.i will feel bad when i paint my hole house red. but that will goaway when i come home and smile to see my red house. he will learn to live with it. he has learned to live with my red hair.

Anonymous said...

ohhhh. mocha. *such* a good paint color. I've used variations of it throughout my house. I can't tell you how happy it makes me. lurve.

Mocha said...

Awwwwww. I feel like I got a little "shout out" in number 4! ;-)

These are sooooo cute. I'm never really ready for these Thursday thingies, but they're really cute!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, blogger booted me when I tried to comment. Anyhoo, love your list, and glad you played. Sorry to be so late in commenting!