Friday, May 12, 2006

Linky love

So begins the two day love fest...

First off I should mention that my head is cloudy as I have a cold that has now spread into my chest. I'm feeling like I got run over by a truck. Not a Mac truck, just a small pick up. My congested head has left my brain fuzzy and I seriously should be banned from commenting on other people's sites when I am feeling like this.

I did my second Thursday Thirteen yesterday and was astounded by the number of new visitors checking out my digs. I like choosing a funky banner and doing up a list but something about the TT leaves a sour aftertaste. I kind of feel like a misunderstood pop star. I'm much more than my lists. Come on back and discover what I'm about. I wonder how many Thursday thirteeners are just surfering through the others to skim the lists so that they can add their name to Mister Linky's brilliant widget wizard. C'est la vie. At least I had a little fun, discovered some wonderful blogs and maybe I will get something from that list on Sunday. Fingers crossed.

However the absolutely coolest thing happened because of that post. Out of the complete goodness of her heart, lildb offered up her copy of Long Way Down by Nick Hornby. How incredibly sweet is she? I sincerely thank you so much! That is above and beyond. You rock my blog world. Besides having a heart of gold, she is smart and funny so please head on over to pay her a visit.

Today I'm thinking about Sandra as she is celebrating women at a major gala event that she organized. How cool is that? When do these amazing women, who happen to be moms, who also happen to have a blog, find the time? This new circle of friends are only a click away. They keep me going with their inspirational, heartfelt and often witty words.

I will continue on with these thoughts tomorrow. It's not too late for you to show your love. Go visit Her Bad Mother because she was struck with the most luminous idea and wants you to share your thoughts too.

In her honor, I include this
Gratuitous Photo
of Strawberry and her Stego Tat.

A final note to the fine people at Apple: It seems that the last remaining consumers to fall under your spell are visiting my site. They, along with myself, are lacking the magic of an iPod. It would be an unsurpassed allocation of your marketing budget to advertise on my site. I promise to use the money you pay me to run out and buy my very own iPod.

**Edited to clarify that I meant no disrespect to anyone who visits my site. I only feel that my silly list didn't deserve the attention that it got. But I'll take it. So thanks if you did comment! If you're looking to share something to a larger audience, I highly recommend forming your thoughts into a list and joining in on the fun!

15 Singing the blues:

nonlineargirl said...

NICE photo!

Cristina said...

First, I have to say that your daughter has the most beautiful curly hair!

Second, I posted about i obsess in my HBM post as well!

Third, I also don't own an IPOD yet, but I sure do want one. :)

ms blue said...

MotR - Great minds do think alike!

Libragirl - Thanks! I'm glad there are people like you. It makes me think I'm wrong.

Mom101 said...

Oh my God, the gorgeous hair that she will grow up to hate then love then hate again then finally love. I love it enough for the both of us.

The Domesticator said...

Cutie!!!
Props to Sandra...she is the bomb! :) But then again, so are you Jana! :0 Happy Mothers Day!

PS: If Apple visits, I could use an iPod myself.

mamatulip said...

I love the picture -- the hair, the sundress, the eyes, the dinosaur tattoo -- she's beautiful. ;)

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is such a cutie pie!!!!

I link everyone that reads my blog, they have great taste and I have it has never failed me! (except spammers hehe)

I totally am rooting for you that Apple pays you a visit!

spymac {dot} com has a barter system for IPods, you may want to check it out!

Anonymous said...

Aww...what a sweet pic. And my daughter would flip over that tat. She's all about the dinosaurs lately.

Anonymous said...

your daughter is to humanity what pumpkin is to pie, baby. geesh. cute doesn't come close.

thanks for making with the nice - but, awww shucks, I was just hookin' a sister up. really. it feels good to get the chance to do something friendly. so I already earned my reward (although I wouldn't mind some cake to go with it - mmmm, cake).

Anonymous said...

I haven't even read the post yet but I had to comment on the photo of your daughter. She is absolutely darling...that hair! Those eyes! Ok, now I'll go read!

kittenpie said...

ach, I'll say it too - what a gorgy little kid you have there! She is going to be such a stunner.
And I love the book exchange idea. I think we need to set up the momblog book trade! I'll think about the details and post something over at my site if you'll link, since I think you have more readers than moi.

Stacy said...

Your strawberry is gorgeous! I never got into the Thursday Thirteen thing. I don't know why, it just never tickled my fancy. Anyway, have a wonderful mother's day!

Undercover Angel said...

Your daughter is adorable!

I try to visit most of the Thursday Thirteeners at least one other time during each week - I don't know what other people do though.

Actually, you are one of my favorate blogs and you have been on my blogroll and in my bloglines for a while now. I really love your blog, and being a fellow Ontarian I follow your blog a lot.

Happy Mothers Day!

Sandra said...

Could you be any sweeter?!?! Thanks for the kind words - I don't know if I deserve them. But you positively made my day. Thanks - you rock!

noncommon said...

happy mother's day! and i love strawberry's dress! can i buy it from you for roxy? :)