Thursday, May 11, 2006

Wrap it up


Thirteen Things that I can no longer live without.
A help guide for last minute Mother's Day shopping.

1. Inspiron 6400 Notebook

2. A new haircut.

3. Wave petunias for our hanging baskets.

4. Motorola RAZR Pink - but any colour will do.

5. A hot male Au Pair preferably with a saucy foreign accent.

6. An iPod - I feel like the last person in the world to own one.

7. A couple gourmet chocolates from our local, quaint, deluxe bakery because if I'm going to cheat, it better be worth it. I figure two decadent pieces would be perfect as this would be one from each of my daughters.

8. A tattoo. I'm ready for some body art. I have been saying this for at least ten years but it has taken me a while to settle on design and placement. Hey, it won't be washing off.

9. Lots of extra time to create my ode to amazing Mommy bloggers. (It's the best thing since sliced bread and you too can join in on the fun. Just go visit Her Bad Mother to find out the full scoop).

10. Magic home renovation fairies to pay us a visit.

11. Take the Cake Travel Set - Creamy vanilla and sweet orange goodness to go.

12. Books such as jPod by Douglas Coupland, Long Way Down by Nick Hornby or Something Blue by Emily Giffin.

13. Three hundred and sixty five days of hugs and kisses from my family.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

I'm using the automated linking code now, so if you are a Thursday Thirteen participant, please submit your link, and leave me a comment.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

39 Singing the blues:

Anonymous said...

I love saucy foreign accents, that's why I had to marry one lol..

Mandy :)

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting a tattoo myself! There's once I went to the tattoo parlour with my friend and I was too scared to get myself inked :\ But I still wanna get one someday! What picture/word you want for yours? I want my Chinese name and/or "Gabrielle" written in Arabic :)

Thanks for the visit and for using my banner! I'm flattered :)

MaR said...

I love your petunias! a hot male au pair sounds a lot better to me than a hot female! lol! I don't have an iPod, I am not planning to get one either. I will probably get my son's when he decides to get a new one...maybe!Happy TT

Anonymous said...

How old does the hot male Au Pair have to be? My T13 is now up.

Anonymous said...

Mmm Gourmet chocolates! Sounds fantastic. :) My TT is up now.

Cheryl said...

Au pair - I think I'd need two, so there was always one spare to actually do some work......

;-)

Carolyn F said...

Great list!

Carmen said...

I'm not a mom, but can I have the Au Pair just for giggles? :)

Perstephone said...

I love Douglas Coupland! Great list!

Also, I'm a newbie to your site, but I love, love your masthead and all of the colors. It's very fresh and appropriate for spring!

Anonymous said...

I've wanted a tattoo for a long time, I just am not attached to any one image enough to choose!!

And I don't own an iPod either, although I'm coveting an ipod video. I did get my husband one for his birthday last year, though!

The Domesticator said...

Love your list! Chocolate and the Take the Cake travel set...right up my alley. Oh, um...I don't own an iPod yet...I'm techno challenged.

Undercover Angel said...

I still don't have an ipod. My son does though. My TT is up.

Becky said...

I don't have an Ipod either..

Unknown said...

neat list! Very clever. I love it.

Thanks for visiting my TT. Have a great thursday.

Unknown said...

Nope, I'm there with you, no iPod here and no plans to get one either. Actually I am not really a music person so I will probably the last person left. Also, hugs and kisses 365 days a year from my family make each day the best day of my life! My list is up!

Anonymous said...

High on my list is the ipod. My life has literally changed for the better now that I have one.

mamatulip said...

Do you have an iPod? I thought I was the last person to get one. Mine's a shuffle, not even an actual iPod. ;)

I'm itching to get another tattoo too...they're addictive!

amy karp | PHOTOGRAPHY said...

thanks for the visit to my T13 - I too was one of the last to splurge on an MP3 and now I don't know what I did without it - great for walks and gardening or just to drown out the sounds of the house you don't want to hear - oh, cleaning also!

have a happy thursday!

Sonya said...

Technology today has really spoiled us. Mine is also tivo.

Marcie said...

I bought my Husband an IPod for X-mas. I really want one too. I need to start dropping the hints.

ms blue said...

Mama Tulip - I have no MP3 player. Can you imagine? They are going to kick me out of the music industry.

Marcie - Just do a list on your blog and post it for your husband to read! ;) Some men need a little reminder.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get all of those things! :)

Anonymous said...

oh, for an au pair. *any* au pair. I'd settle for bloated and annoying... especially if he/she knew how to run a vacuum while watching my child. gawd.

it's a really, really good list. nice one.

Anonymous said...

oh - I almost forgot - I have a hardcover of the Long Way Down, iffen you have a p.o. box I could just pass it along (I was planning on hawking it on half.com for pennies, so why not send it to a momblogfriend, instead)?

email me, dude. we'll discuss.

Anonymous said...

scratch that. I'll email you. :)

Stacy said...

I'm going to get in on the mother love too and I can't find enough time to sit down and write. I wish I had a few of those other things, too. A new laptop would be nice - this piece of crap is killing me!!!

Emily said...

Oh, you NEED an iPod....everyone deserves some carry-along music...LOL

Happy Thursday!

Megan said...

I'm right there with you on #5. Momma needs eye candy!

I just did #8. I finally decided that I wasn't going to like my body any better than I do know, so why not go for it?

Leesa said...

Great list, I need some of these too!

Renee Nefe said...

You can't be the last person on the planet without an ipod, because I don't have one and DH doesn't have one either and he actually wants one. I just don't see the point really. I would rather listen to my radio.

Thanks for stopping by today... I don't own any of those rabbits. Mine are in last week's TT. They have a tough time coming up with names at the HRS though. I saw one bunny named Paddywack and his brother was named NickNack, but Nick had already been adopted.

Wystful1 said...

I got a tattoo at the age of 50...it took me THAT long to talk myself into it, tho I wanted one for decades. And I'm not sorry for the decision!!

My T 13 is up.

Anonymous said...

wanna have an ipod too!!!

but have 4 tattoos
only regreat one - because its was a lousy job but it will eventually be fixed

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better I still don't have an iPod and probably never will :( And I think it's awesome you took so long to think about a tattoo (I say this as I look up tattoo removal!) I have some I love and some I hate...but I've had them so long and they are so visible that I almost don't even know they exist anymore! But I want to get my Cricket tattoo bad...I'm paranoid to do while nursing though since he reacts to everything that enters my body.

PS: I hope you wake up Mother's Day with everything on your list!

Norma said...

Cute idea. I could go for #1.

Anonymous said...

I'm here to save you from shame. You're not the last person in the world to own an iPod.

I am!!

Amy The Black said...

Ah, yes. A tattoo would be interesting. I've thought of commissioning art for one, but just can't build up the nerve. You know, you're going to be old and wrinkled with the thing!

Thanks for visiting my TT.

Happy Mama to Three said...

Oh my PINK RAZR, I love it, I have a computer bag and purse that match it. Suddenly my accessories are all bright pink.

Yes I love them I admit it.

C
My TT is there if you have time to visit.

kittenpie said...

no ipod here either...
And you SHOULD wait until you settle on a design that you won't tire of and a location you won't regret before getting a tattoo! I waited a year to be sure on my first and more hidden one. For the other, I knew the location, but it took me over a decade to be sure aobut which of the many designs I considered would be the one. And I love it, so I'm glad I waited. It's not an Etch-a-Sketch, so it pays to tread cautiously. Also, research your tattoo artist first!

Ruth Dynamite said...

No Ipod. No au pair. Still kicking!