Monday, May 15, 2006

My dreaded week from hell

I am -a bad housekeeper
I want -to have a clean house
I wish -that while I slept, magic cleaning fairies would appear
I hate -vacuuming, mopping, dusting...
I miss -being able to find things. I haven't seen my house keys for over a week.
I fear -that when my mom arrives for her yearly visit on Saturday, that she will threaten to call child services
I hear -Strawberry pretending to read to Buttercup
I wonder -if I will ever find the energy to start this massive cleaning project
I regret -not doing some small tidying every day
I am not -Martha Stewart
I dance -around the dust bunnies
I sing -children's songs until my brain goes numb
I cry -when I am stressed out
I am not always -doing laundry, but I could be
I make with my hands -meals for my family
I write -when I should be cleaning
I confuse -easily and get way too distracted
I need -to start with one room at a time
I should -hire someone to clean my house
I start -watching TV when I get overwhelmed
I finish -cleaning one second before my mom walks into my house

Thanks to Mama C-ta for the inspiration.

13 Singing the blues:

Stacy said...

Sounds like there's a theme going on here. I hate cleaning and avoid it at all costs!

Sandra said...

Yes definately a theme - oh do I hate cleaning. I feel your pain. But the worst kind of cleaning is the "company's coming kind of cleaning". Stresfull.

And man do I cry when I am stressed out too.

Hope you get through the dreaded week in one piece :)

The Domesticator said...

I agree with the above two ladies...definately a theme going on there! Don't you wish you could wave a magic wand and have it all clean???

mamatulip said...

I wish for those magic fairies too. They never come.

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Oh honey, nobody is Martha Stewart. Hell, Martha Stewart isn't Martha Stewart. More like MS and an army of thousands.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who watches TV when she's overwhelmed and feels the need to clean like mad when someone important comes over. Good luck!

Perstephone said...

I'm right there with you on the cleaning. My SIL is starting a cleaning business, and I'm so hiring her crew to hit my house twice per month. I can live with the clutter, but the dust bunnies gotta go! I'm so a clean person trapped in a filthy girl's body!

Undercover Angel said...

I hate cleaning too - it seems that faster than I can clean a room, the Zoo Kids can mess it up. It's a never ending uphill battle...

I've basically given up on ever having a completely spotless house until my children are grown. I used to fret over my house but I don't so much anymore. I know my house may not be perfect - but my kids are getting what they need from me... I'd rather spend my time nurturing and raising them, than washing baseboards...

noncommon said...

oh you are preaching to the choir on this one. i, too, am wanting a clean house. but with 5 humans & 4 animals constantly walking in and out, in and out, in and out, my house is a perpetual wreck. soon, roxy will be crawling and the thought scares me to death! what will she find down there? there's going to be some major renevations happening here in the next few months - there has to be! and then i'm gonna be good to myself (and my daughter;s digestive tract) and hire a maid service once a month!

Marcie said...

I take it your mom is something of a clean freak? My Grandma totally is. She even wipes the water out of the kitchen sink after it's been used. Now that's kinda nutty.

Cristina said...

I cry when I'm stressed too. And I stress easily, unfortunately.

Great list!

Anonymous said...

That is an amazing list! My brain goes numb after a long day of children's songs to!

Andrea said...

I understand your frustration, having just posted about it myself, though more about my parenting style than my housekeeping abilities. Be nicer to yourself. A clean house is nice, but in the grand scheme of things, you're not going to be looking back wishing you'd keep a cleaner house. You'll be looking back fondly remembering the time you spent with the girls when you were SUPPOSED to be cleaning the house. To me, that's time well spent.

Blue Fairy said...

i hate cleaning too! but i also hate sticking to the toilet seat, tripping over someone's discarded shoes, double buying because i can't see what's really in the pantry and freaking out because i'm already late and can't find those damn keys...twice a week: cleaning blitz, 20 min. high impact, lots of cursing and bashing the vacuum into things.(preferably when nobody's around) very cleansing.then,zen.