Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Is evil lurking on the day of doom?

I'm feeling an itsy bit skittish. It is mainly due to events in the news that I am nervous.

Overall I would have to classify myself as a little superstitious. I avoid ladders and notice black cats. I won't put shoes on a table. I hope to get the last drop of wine poured from the bottle for good luck but who doesn't want more wine?

I tend to look forward to every Friday the 13th as I long ago deemed them lucky. However I don't know what to think about the sixth day of the sixth month of a new century’s sixth year.

According to the Sunday Times in Britain, expectant mothers are aghast at the prospect of giving birth today. If that's the case, we have a good decade or two before the supposed Antichrist would be old enough to do wreak havoc on the world.

So as long as no comet crashes into our planet and the world leaders don't push any buttons today, I'll wake up tomorrow with a sigh of relief.

Now that I think about it, money is evil so that would mean the time is right to buy a lottery ticket.

8 Singing the blues:

Her Bad Mother said...

Don't get me started on the scary. Really. I'll prattle on about signs of the coming apocalypse and then we'll have no choice but to start drinking before noon.

mamatulip said...

I'm not creeped out by the day at all, but the terrorist bullshit really freaked me out.

Sandra said...

This terrorist stuff is a little much to take today.

I too a bit superstitious after we had not one but two family members die on different Friday the 13ths.

The Domesticator said...

I thought of you all up there when I heard about the terrorist plot.
I am not too superstitious...and my birthdate is 6-26-66...scary!

Cristina said...

OMG it IS 666 today. OK, you have totally freaked me out for the rest of the day!

Anonymous said...

So far so good, I am going to bed early though!!

Debbie said...

yikes. I hadn't thought of it until I read this.

I'm glad I'm heading to bed soon... it's super early for me, but I am supressing the urge to lay my head down in front of the keyboard, but why do that when there's a super-comf bed hollerin' at me to climb into it?

yeah.

g'night, dolly!

(didja buy a lotto ticket?)

Milo said...

I was born on Wednesday, April 13--Thirteen years, to the day, after the accident aboard the Apollo 13 spacecraft. I witnessed a plane crash as a kid one day at 13:13 hours, and the first letter of my given last name is M; the thirteenth letter of the alphabet. On top of that, my real first name is synonymous with that of the evil Egyptian storm god.

Freaky, no?