Tuesday, July 25, 2006

BlogMe Interview: Mamatulip

This weekend a majority of us Canadian girls will not be sipping cocktails, in cute shoes and hoping that the DJ will soon spin some Journey. Okay we probably will be, but just not in San Jose. Oh yes, we women of the north know how to have fun so when we spotted these cool interviews circulating, we jumped on it, thanks to Her Bad Mother.

I have the pleasure of exposing a little piece of Mamatulip. She has a way with words, writing masterful pieces as well as recounting hilarious moments. Her two gorgeous children keep her busy when she's not entertaining us. She's brilliant but don't take my word for it. See for yourself!

BlogMe

What is the quality you most admire in a blogger?
I admire those who can take a weighted subject and write about it with eloquence, and who are open to the thoughts and opinions of others. Also, the bloggers who have me hooked; whose writing keeps me comin’ back for more.

What is your most marked blogging characteristic?
I swear frequently and am prone to leaving stupid comments on other blogs.

What do you most like about your blog?
It’s mine. I created it, I write it and I maintain it. It’s an outlet, a place where I can be me.

What do you regard as the principle defect of your blog?
It can be so easily and quickly edited. I can write about something and if I don’t like it or want to change it, I can edit it. And that takes away from my initial feelings and diminishes the rawness of my original draft. It’s a form of censoring, I guess, and I think it goes hand-in-hand with blogs being on the World Wide Web. It’s a thought that crosses my mind before I post an entry: ‘This is going on the Internet.’

What character of fiction do you most wish had a blog?
I think a blog written by
Holden Caulfield would be pretty bitchin’.

What historical or real life person do you most wish had a blog?
I would have loved it if blogs were around when John Lennon was alive.

What is your present state of mind as a blogger?
Right now I’m working out some things in my head and in my heart – the various snippets that make up who I am and coming into my own since my mom died, as well as watching my children grow up and trying to, in the midst of that, find time for myself, to nurture my soul. That’s what I’ve been musing about in several of my recent posts.

What is your idea of earthly happiness?
To be content in what you are doing with your life; to find happiness within the choices you’ve made, the person you are and the family you have. To live with no regrets and, when looking back, to be fulfilled with the life you’ve lived.

Where would you like to live?
I love Canada. I doubt I would ever live anywhere else. However, whenever we watch House Hunters International and they’re filming in Spain, I think to myself that it would be pretty fucking amazing to live there.

What do you most value in your friends?
Honesty, loyalty and trust. The friends I have are friends to the end. I trust them and in turn, they can trust me.

Who are your favorite painters?
My favourite is Kilmt. I absolutely love his work; I have coffee table books of his paintings and I get lost staring at them. I’m also in awe of Van Gogh, Edgar Degas and Wassily Kandinsky.

What is it you most dislike?
The fact that so many people around the world are suffering.


********************************************

Thank you for letting me share that! Be sure to stop by Mamatulip's home for a piece of Kittenpie. I hope you have time to visit all the Canadian chicks as we play along. You can find out a little bit more about me when you visit penelopeto at penelope and bumblebee.

To all the lucky ones heading to celebrate together, have the best time!

14 Singing the blues:

Andrea said...

I adore Mamatulip. Thanks for the glimpse. And I loved the questions. Very interesting!

Sandra said...

I really, really love Mama Tulip and her interview as fabulous as I expected! off to find yours now...

Thanks for organizing us Jana!

karengreeners said...

great interview! queen no-tech-moronic (aka penelope) will have above mentioned interview posted shortly.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for devoting a little spot on your blog to me, and thank you for the nice comments, everyone. :) It's a pleasure to be here.

Her Bad Mother said...

You both rock so hard - Jana for getting the round-robin co-ordinated and being such a cool interview hostess, and MamaTulip for just being so COOL.

John Lennon... GOOD answer...

kittenpie said...

woo-hoo, I got my interview at her place! I hope some of her cool rubs off... Love her.

Lena said...

My girl love of Mamatulip continues!

ms blue said...

Si, now you have me dreaming of spending time in Spain.

I was so excited to post the interview that I forgot ask you about your ultra cool photo. I would love to know your thoughts behind it.

motherbumper said...

First off... huge thank you to Jana for arranging this thingy (I still don't know the term!). This was fun and I can't believe what I'm learning about you folks...

Mama Tulip - I love the swearing, keep it up. Your answer regarding the ease of edit - I'm so with you on that. I talk myself out of many posts which drives me nuts. I liked reading your answers. Just like your blog it left me wanting more.

Cristina said...

Hi Mama Tulip. Hi Jana.

Great interview. I love both your blogs!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, everyone! Mother bumper, just for you, I'll keep swearing. ;)

The photo? Not much story behind that. Dave was returning a faulty Word Whammer at Toys R Us and I was waiting in the car with a teeny tiny baby Oliver (*sniff, sniff*...he's not so teeny tiny anymore). I got bored and started taking pictures of my eyes. See the bags underneath them? This photo was taken during a particularly sleepless and stressful time with Oliver, as we hadn't yet figured out he was lactose intolerant.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing a little bit of info about Mama Tulip. She's one of my all time favorite bloggers.

Baby in the City said...

Great interview. I'm lovin' them all.
its fun to see what we all have in common.

Anonymous said...

Mama Tulip, I love your idea of earthly happiness.