Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A day for the history books

It has officially begun. Today marks the start of The Clothes War between sisters.

Until now, Strawberry did not recognize that she had previously worn most of Buttercup’s attire. Strawberry can still fit into a size 2 while Buttercup is already wearing clothes labeled 18 months. There are certain items that currently fit both of them.

I dressed Buttercup in Strawberry's plaid shorts and ladybug tank top.

"Mom, that's mine," she protested pointing to the coveted items.

Being in a rush to get out the door, I was too distracted to think of anything to nip the feud in the bud. I didn't see foresee the war starting in 2006. I understand that every generation tends to progress a little faster but I thought the stage wouldn't be set for battleground for at least a decade. I have not received my badge in peacekeeping yet. I'm so ill prepared.

Strawberry blurts out "I eat boys!" with a wicked grin.

"Oh you do?"

"Yes Mommy."

"Hmmm, what do they taste like?"

"Bananas."

I couldn't help but laugh, which was exactly what she wanted because in the world of toddlers, banana is a funny word. Think punch line "Orange you glad I didn't say banana?" Well my darling, you did say banana so I'm afraid that I have to ground you until you are nineteen.

11 Singing the blues:

karengreeners said...

ha ha.
I haven't lived with either one of my sisters for a good 12 years now, but i know exactly where to look if any of my clothes are missing.
and i think i'm going to tell my daughter that boys taste like rotting fish and mud.

Anonymous said...

awww it is so cute that she notices her little sister's clothes....although peacekeeping is a full time job!!!

All I could think of is the Gwen Stephani song "B is for Bananas B A N A N A" hehe

Anonymous said...

Honestly? This is one of the reasons why I'm kinda glad Oliver's got a twig and berries. ;)

"I eat boys!" This had me LMAO. Julia's all like, "Mummy! What are you laughing at?"

Frances D said...

LOL that is too funny.
I only had the one so but my brother would raise heck if he thoguht I got something extra.
Thanks for sharing.
Frances

Stacy said...

Interesting. I wish they did taste like bananas if you know what I mean!

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Sigh. If only they tasted like bananas. Or, even better, strawberries. Dipped in chocolate.... Yeah, this isn't about boys anymore this is about my empty stomach.

crazymumma said...

Bananas...she is in for a sorry surprise....still so cute tho' !!!! anne

Debbie said...

ack! terrifying.

also, delicious. I'm with Mrs. Chicky. yum-o.

Sandra said...

umm..bananas?!? She's too much.

Love the start of the clothes sharing...that sure ain't happening around here unless you count my son's interest in my high heeled shoes :)

kittenpie said...

Pumpkinpie seemed a little weirded out when we started sorting her old baby clothes out to lend the gender-neutral ones to a friend and laid firm claim to a dress (which wasn't going to Baby James anyway) that she would not let go of for a couple of days. I KNOW she doesn't remember wearing it that long ago, but I guess she figured if it was in her house and for a baby girl...

The bananas are cracking me up too. Funny kid ya got there, Jana!

The Domesticator said...

Well, she certainly chose an interesting fruit, didn't she? She has no idea... :)

Just wait til your girls start wanting to borrow YOUR clothes!