Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Hey Ladies!

I have claimed that it is the sushi that keeps me in the city. Now I must add to that the wonderful women who make up the Toronto Posse of Bloggers. I can't get enough of the bonding, the laughter and the brilliance of each of them individually. Together, the fun level exceeds all boundaries.

It has much to do with the fact that we have great respect for each other from reading the insightful words found upon our new friend's blogs. It was a love-in like no other. The support we show each other online is intensified as we hang on each other's spoken words. I think I might have been playing a drinking game and took a sip every time a compliment was dished out because that is the only way to explain the hangover that followed.

I couldn't wait to meet Scarbie Doll who confided that she thought I would have blue hair. (Sorry to disappoint you sister!) She is a likely candidate to be a partner in crime. I'm not sure what that means being that I only cross the street at the appropriately designated areas, however I think she could convince me that it wouldn't be so bad to get arrested. I was equally thrilled to meet Motherbumper, Tania, Lisa and AC. We were blog pushers to the newly recruited Mamalooper. I had been counting down the days to hang with the rest of the gorgeous women including Her Bad Mother, Bub and Pie, Metro Mama, Pumpkinpie and Sunshine Scribe. To get the opportunity to sit at the same table as any one of these ladies leaves you longing for more. Luckily I have their blogs to visit until the next time we get together.

I learned a valuable lesson not to believe my husband when he says that he recharged the batteries for my camera. Still I managed to capture a few
pictures to share.

There are other women close by that I wholehearted can’t wait to meet, not to mention the far away bloggers that I hope to share conversation with one day. In person.

19 Singing the blues:

Sandra said...

Look at you with your fancy magazine cover fanciness. Very impressive!

Great recap and photos!!

And the new slick site ... I know you are in the middle of changes but I like it.

metro mama said...

We have to do it more often.

The site looks great!

The Domesticator said...

I want to move to Toronto! heheheh.... I am so glad you ladies had a wonderful night together. It sounds like alot of fun. BTW, I love your magazine cover...how did you do that?

karengreeners said...

Next time, baby, next time.

Am loving the hungover recaps!

crazymumma said...

3am...where's my Mommy? So funny. It was a great nite, hopefully more to come...

moplans said...

love the magazine

keep me posted on blogger beta. Its trying to make me post as my husband's gmail account

kittenpie said...

We love you too, lady! Adn the mag cover is great fun. I like the new tag line too. Go, blue! (oh, the blue hair is cracking me up, too - I love her)

Sandra said...

The mag cover is sooo great! Too funny.

Love being part of the Borg now. Resistence WAS futile.

Anonymous said...

Well I was going to suggest that you combine your two favorite things. Mommy bloggers and New Generation Sushi... but since you blamed me for that silly little camera crapping out on you I’m going to keep my suggestion to myself!

I’m so cruel.

motherbumper said...

OMIGOD - you are so talented in so many ways! AHHHH! I love that cover! Can I use anymore exclamation points! I think not! I had a blast meeting you and the posse and I can't wait, can't wait I say, for the next time out (even if we have to bring the kids... ha ha ha)

motherbumper said...

and now I have the beasties stuck in my head. I suppose it could be worse.

Cristina said...

You girls are gorgeous!

p.s. I like the new template and the tag line, very cute :)

Anonymous said...

hehe the Cover looks totally awesome!! You are making me so homesick!! I want to hang out with cool Canadian blogging Mommies too!!!!

Glad you had a rockin time!

Anonymous said...

Haha, nice cover. I am SOLD.

For the love of GOD, I better be free for the next date.

Debbie said...

while the zine mock-up is fabulous, I am IN HEAVEN x over the FREAKING MOON about your new blog look. it fits you so well.

did I mention, love?

*swoooon*

p.s. glad you goils had so much fun. the pitchas are sweet. and I wish I lived there.

Ali said...

it sounds like y'all had the best time. i'm so sorry i missed it.

Anonymous said...

Love that magazine cover! Sounds like a fabulous time...sorry I missed it. Nest time!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had an amazing time. I'm thinking a trip to Toronto is in my future so I can meet some of my favorite bloggers!

Penile Implant Surgery in India said...

That was a VERY interesting one! Seriously interesting.