Sunday, September 03, 2006

Thanks, but no thanks

We stop at a red light. I notice Colin checking out a young thing with legs up to here. I'm feeling a wee bit jealous because I've never pulled off a mini skirt in that fashion. It is unfeasible when you are not quite five foot four.

Teasingly, "So you think she's all that?"

"hmmmm..." (Wisely choosing to remain silent to avoid unnecessary grief.)

"Well tall girls aren't your type. All your ex's are my height."

"I found tall women enticing but I was too intimidated and shy to approach them."

Gasp! In quick retaliation, "Well I preferred short, dark haired men."

"You can have Tom Cruise."

Edited to note: He was pleased as punch with his comeback and we laughed ourselves silly. Thankfully it also put an end to my self-conscious girlie ways.

**************************

Izzy has worked her magic making my home so pretty. It makes up for having to redo my site with the Beta advances, which has been taking up all my time.

Thank you Izzy. You rock my world!

15 Singing the blues:

Anonymous said...

WOW. I LOVE the new look! Kudos to Izzy!

Kristin said...

Izzy strikes again...it's great looking!

Tom Cruise? You tell him ALL movie stars and short so you will just have to start with Colin Farrell and end with that babe from Desperate Housewives!

metro mama said...

It looks fab.

Anonymous said...

I like the new digs!

Anonymous said...

hehe I was always a sucker for tall guys so thankfully no one can threaten me with Tom!!

Pssha on mini skirts!

Anonymous said...

Intimidating? Hmmm... I wonder if all the boys in my high school felt like that? Makes me feel a whole lot better about my height! LOL I always felt like they thought I was a dork.

The Domesticator said...

Izzy rocks!
You don't really want Tom Cruise, do you? haha....this post was funny! :)

Anonymous said...

Ha! I heard Tom Cruise wears two inch lifts in his shoes. And takes lots of vitamins.

Anonymous said...

Okay, that was really funny. Colin is a quick wit!

And I agree - the place looks beautiful. Izzy's the greatest.

Anonymous said...

Shucks, I was going to purchase that banner b/c I'm in really bad need of a new look. But it looks better on you anyway :)

Your husband is quick, that was good!

Anonymous said...

just be thankful. not like the other one. you got the good one.

yes i still read your blogs. miss you and your fam. mostly the girls.give them my love.

the old auntie rojo.

Anonymous said...

I hate blogger beta. Been trying to comment for days.

Colin cracks me up.

LOVE the new header.

let's see if this works .... or maybe you just broke up with me because a loooooong time ago I used to wear mini skirts...

Debbie said...

I am SO loving your blog's fabulous new 'do. it's chic and pretty all at the same time (no easy feat, that).

Anonymous said...

Was she wearing a mini skirt?!?
laff.
I honestly don't remember.


and woohoo! Liz Phair thinks I’m funny.

Anonymous said...

Your site looks lovely! (much better than Tom Cruise...)

Kudos to you and to Izzy!