Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Cupcakes for Everyone

Back in high school I ran for President of the Student Council. I didn't win which was fine because as it turned out I was destined to be the Social Director. I'm much more the party planner than the politician any day.

However the real reason that I ran for President was so that I could ask the boy that I was crushing on to be my campaign manager. I'm sure he knew that I was totally into him but he never let on. We planned strategy, speeches and made posters. He lectured me on how he would be forever angry at me if I didn't vote for myself. I told him it just felt wrong to cast my ballot that way but of course I listened to him. I hung off his every word.

After they announced the winners at the high school dance, my campaign manager crush took me in his arms and we danced to "Angel" by Aerosmith. It was my consolation prize. How sad is it that I recall the details so vividly. That was the most that would happen of that romance. I'm sure that I had moved on the following month. I most likely started to fancy the guy who worked in the deli in the local mall. I think my friend and I called him Mystery Meat Man.

I thought of the campaign manager infatuation today because I don't plan on taking his advice. A wonderfully, kind anonymous person nominated me for a 2006 Canadian Blog Award. Thank you who ever you are. I think you have fabulous taste! I can't spare a vote because I have too many amazing friends in the very same category and I've been planning my voting strategy for them. It's my goal to make sure that they are the final nominees! Seriously their blogs are A++ quality control guaranteed.

So please I need your help! Click on this.

Canadian Blog Awards

You will also find this button in my sidebar. Everyone can vote daily starting TODAY! Don't delay. What are you still doing here? Go! If you find me a tad pushy, please help yourself to another cupcake.

12 Singing the blues:

Sandra said...

It was me :)

I heart Something Baby Blue.

motherbumper said...

I always adored Julie McCoy the Cruise Director on Love Boat and your post reminded me of her (always making everyone feel just right). You Rock Something Baby Blue.

Anonymous said...

argh...who nominated me?

this is very hard...there are way too many people i need to vote for!

crazymumma said...

You are all so cool...

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Damn, that is some list. How could anyone narrow that down?

And I've never met you but somehow I knew you'd be a better Julie McCoy.

Bea said...

Hehe. I was going to blog about the time I ran for Students' Council today too, but I couldn't think of any good anecdotes about it, so I went with the Secret Admirer theme instead.

I'm going to have to figure out a rotation so everybody can get the votes they deserve!

kittenpie said...

I am in agonies over the voting. This is exactly why I nominated Sunshine in a more obscure category so we could all vote for her every day and float her to victory on a cloud of TO love. Thes rest of us, I just don't know. It's killing me, having to choose every day!

Anonymous said...

Haha. I love Tracy Flick. I too, remember vividly details of dancing with my grade 8 crush. Like, I remember every little detail of it. Which is totally bizarre because way more important things that have happened to me are a little fuzzier in my memory, like for example- giving birth.

ms blue said...

Oh Sunshine! You make me feel so warm. Thank you. Thank you. Of course you know, it's right back at ya!

The Domesticator said...

How great is that? An honor well deserved, Jana! :)

Anonymous said...

i hate aerosmith! :P





this better come across as being funny!!!

cinnamon gurl said...

Congrats on the nomination! I loved that movie, by the way.