Friday, December 01, 2006

Girl's Gone Perfect

It's the first of December! What the H. E. double hockey sticks am I doing writing already? Well, I need to honor one of the best posts I have ever read. Indeed I wouldn't even call it a post. It's a beautifully written piece and it is something that needs to be read.

(This) Girl's Gone Child is a consistently brilliant blog. Rebecca makes me laugh myself silly. She introduced me to Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers. How did I live before applying this lip balm every few minutes? She has a complete doll of a son. She exudes coolness through her every word.

When I read "When The Children Disappear" I wept uncontrollably. Still through the sadness I am filled with understanding and hope. Her gift for writing is truly remarkable.

The Original Perfect Post Awards

Be sure to visit MommaK and Lucinda to find a complete listing of all the November Perfect Posts.

5 Singing the blues:

kittenpie said...

I totally agree - how funny we nominated the same post, but then, how are we alone? It was fantastic.

ewe are here said...

This was a great nomination!

Sandra said...

That was not just a perfect post for November but for all time. I heart Rebecca!

Mom101 said...

I second, third, and 8 millionth the nomination. I could vote for her every month...in fact, I sort of resist not doing it.

Anonymous said...

I nearly voted for this myself, but for the fact that I've voted for her twice before (and have only made two other nominations in my short voting life) so I wanted to highlight another blogger. But I was SOOOO glad to see someone thought enough of this post to vote for it as well.

I'm with Mom101. I find myself trying to find someone other than Rebecca to vote for because it's so easy to find something she's written that could be considered perfect, and I don't want to appear biased.