We usually enjoy taking the girls out to restaurants with us but after last week, I think we'll be getting take away for a while.
1. Buttercup insisted that she be held the entire time with the extra condition that it had to be me.
2. Strawberry insisted on making two trips to the restroom. She seems to be fascinated by public washrooms.
3. Buttercup needed a diaper change but there was no change table. I find this bizarre for a restaurant that has a children's menu.
4. I spent half the time picking up toys off the floor.
5. The girls didn't really eat anything but bread. They did drink orange juice.
6. I found it too trying to eat so I got half my meal to go. At least I had a glass of wine.
7. There was a look of sheer terror on Strawberry's face when the waiter yelled Opa. She saw the flames rise causing her to jump right out of her seat and run to me. (Yes it was a Greek restaurant.)
8. After the initial fright wore off, she couldn't wait to see this happen again.
9. Other children were given crayons and a colouring page but the waitress did not think to offer that to Strawberry.
10. A little boy decided to run around the table and poke every person as he made his rounds. This made it a challenge for us to keep Strawberry in her chair.
11. Colin's stomach was causing him severe pain.
12. Buttercup was completely miserable, voicing her unhappiness and she didn't care that the other patrons were glaring at her mom.
13. Our patience had long disappeared so we paid our portion of the bill, offered apologies and were out the door before our friends even had their jackets on.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens:
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants