Thursday, March 01, 2007

Have you felt the bubbles melt?

What is the last thing that this treat indulging mommy needs? Why that would be for her husband to land a job in a chocolate factory.

Colin brought home over one hundred chocolate bars and fifty diet sized chocolate bars. If that seems like an oxymoron to you, let me explain. First Cadbury came out with Thins. Nestle soon followed with Singles. They are smaller chocolate bars to satisfy your chocolate craving and still keep your calories manageable. Unless of course, you have another 49 of them in your house.

It is funny that I actually started this post almost a month ago. I was pondering why anyone would purchase one of these miniature bars. I started researching them and discovered that they are larger than I thought. While they are priced a little high, they are certainly worth it. A package of six goes for $2.99. They fulfill my inner desire for all things chocolate. They accompany my afternoon coffee as the perfect pick me up when I'm having a tough day.

Coffee and chocolate go together like iPods and milk.

I bet you half my chocolate supply that you will never guess what she is listening to. Just to be fair I'll include some hints.

1. This song is from an electronica album that came out in 1999.
2. We saw the band perform live with two drummers. It was one of the best concerts that I have ever seen.
3. This song was also included on a soundtrack to a movie that came out in 2005.

17 Singing the blues:

motherbumper said...

OK - she looks so darn cute.

I don't know the song but I'm going to try to figure it out and I'll be back because I WANT THAT CHOCOLATE (drool... drool... drool...)

Can Colin hook SB up with a job that has chocolate perks? Because that sounds like a dream.

Anonymous said...

how have i missed these singles you speak of?? i must have some. now.

mamatulip said...

Working in a chocolate factory? OMG, I'd be a blimp within days.

I have NO IDEA what song your sweetie's listening to. Please post it soon, it's going to drive me batty!

ewe are here said...

I can't have that much chocolate in the house at once...no will power here.

And I haven't a clue as to what your cutie is listening to...!

crabbykate said...

All I can come up with is Moby's Play album. But I don't think he ever toured with 2 drummers, unless I'm wrong...

niloc said...

ok... this is a hard one so i'll drop a few more hints.
- this band is from Liverpool England.
- they weren't anywhere as big as some other Electronica bands back in the 90's.
- they did use a big Van Halen sample in '97.
- two members in the band are brothers.
-and there is always the chance that you might have never heard of the band to begin with.

ms blue said...

Well of course I made it hard silly man. I cannot easily part with all that chocolate.

The 2005 movie was of the horror genre. And the last hint... you drive there with excitement.

I'll post the answer later today!

crabbykate said...

oh OH I know now! It's Apollo 440. I think? It was the 2 brother comment that gave it away...

But Jana, don't worry - I could never separate a mama from her chocolate :)

Blog said...

I have no idea what she's listening to. But, she's adorable!

And, great. Now I NEED chocolate.... ;)

Anonymous said...

hehe that is a rockin' picture!!!

mmm chocolate! I miss Canadian chocolate!

niloc said...

In my best Jeff Probst voice... We will have to go to the judges. No. Sorry that is not the answer that we were looking for. Please remember to keep your answer in the form of a question. Thank you for playing Rock and Roll Jeopardy.

The Domesticator said...

Is it Oasis?

Hmmmm....
If I send you my address, will you send me some chocolate?

moplans said...

I love those bars but I think they must be such a rip off. Unless you are getting them for free like you are.
Can I get a job at the chocolate factory too?
Why are these thins only made in my favourite kind of chocolate bars? The universe is out to get me, or rather my ass.

Pendullum said...

My cousin works for Nestle as welll... and we always get a pile of chocolates when we visit...
Chocolate coming our of our ying/yang... and then some... It is evil... Just evil..

crazymumma said...

I am going to go mad if you do not post he name of the band and the movie. I keep thinking Tangerine Dream but that is a bit old hat yes?

mmmmm chocolate.

Chicky said...

Have no idea on the band, but the chocolate?? YUM!!!

moplans said...

WHEN WHEN do we find out???