Monday, March 05, 2007

The Party Starts

...in the "Stadium Parking Lot." Crabbykate wins! Buttercup was listening to Apollo 440. This song is also on Wes Craven's "Cursed" Soundtrack.

So while this is not of the children genre, she apparently doesn't mind. Note Exhibit A:

Of course my children are also well versed in nursery rhymes. We have nonstop "Row Row Row Your Boat" and "Itsy Bitsy Spider" singing marathons.

Colin and I also decided that we had to have this vintage toy. We placed crazy bids on eBay trying to purchase a windup Fisher Price Music Box Record Player. We finally walked away victorious in one of the bidding wars. Soon after, the coveted item arrived! It brought me right back to my own childhood.

Suckas! Oh yes, I know we are Gen X suckers paying an exorbitant amount of money out bidding other nostalgic fools. If only my parents saved more of these cherished toys for their grandchildren. Toys that don't require batteries!

I don't mind watching the girls fight over it.

15 Singing the blues:

kittenpie said...

OMG! Must have one! (At least then she will understand my vast vinyl collection!) if you don't mind my asking - what kidn of exhorbitant sums are we talking about?

metro mama said...

I LOVED this toy. I wish mom still had mine.

The Domesticator said...

Oh, this brings back some fond memories. I am all for toys with no batteries.
The ones with the batteries end up disappearing around here. Especially the ones with no on/off button....
;-)

PS: I never heard of the band....*sigh* I really wanted some of that chocolate.

Her Bad Mother said...

DUDE. There's nothing better than being a Gen-X sucker. That's why they invented E-Bay. For us.

(WANT. ONE.)

motherbumper said...

Oh jeezus, I really want that (drool). I can still feel the red, blue and yellow records and how much I loved doing the switch over (when it was my turn, my turn, YOU HERE THAT BRO - I SAID MY TURN). Thanks for the trip down memory lane... now I must go search eBay.

Anonymous said...

Awww...I remember those! I LOVE vintage toys. LOVE. What a cool score.I'm glad YOU won!!!

moplans said...

The new toys and the batteries drive me nuts. Why did they change them? If the record player still works - why oh why didn't my parents save it either?- and my barn still "moooo"s when you open the door do the new ones need batteries?

Congrats Crabbykate!

Gabriella said...

Ok,I have that toy right now sitting on our shelf. Samantha plays with it constantly, one of the few toys my mom kept for me. I'm curious now to see how much it's going for, although I don't think I could part with it.

ewe are here said...

Very cool!! We had something similar when we were growing up... can't believe they don't make them anymore!

crazymumma said...

I would give ANYTHING. anything gals....to have a Kiddles. Priced them out on Ebay....very expensive.
I do not blame you for getting into a frothy bidding war for that, truly a treasure!

Thanks for answering the music question.

Creative-Type Dad said...

I had one!!
Wow- the memories.

I wish my parents kept that and the Fisher Price projector (you could watch little clips on the screen or project it on a wall.)

Those were the days

Anonymous said...

That is so TOTALLY AWESOME! I am so jealous!

karengreeners said...

how did i miss this post? and OHMYGOD!! I loved the fisher-price record player when i was little. ah, memories.

scarbie doll said...

My sis and I STILL fight over this toy, even though we broke the dial on it years ago. We just can't let it go. I must eBay a replacement now!

Run ANC said...

Too late to comment, because you probably won't read this - but I had this exact toy and it was my favourite! I. Want. It.