Sunday, April 29, 2007

Celebrate Good Times Come On

There's a party going on right here. The guests of honor, Liz, Christina and Tammie, are probably not looking for any advice right about now. Those last moments of pregnancy are trying and then the various unsolicited assvice comes rolling in. For every "Find a schedule and stick with it" you also hear "Adapt the baby into your own lifestyle." Do this. No do that. As your family grows you will find your own groove and you will discover what works for you. Of course you know best. You're the mom!

However I don't recommend sleeping when the baby sleeps or you may never blog again. We will be sitting eagerly near our feed subscriptions waiting for new posts with pictures. Adorable, beautiful baby pictures. Seriously when I see tiny, little fingers and toes, the big eyes and apple cheeks I will melt. When those pictures go up, I am sure many lurkers will swoon and gush.

I always want to say that I could just eat up that brand new baby. I want to express how delicious it would be to breath in that sweet baby freshness and smother your little one with kisses. What I would never mean by this statement is that I would attempt to eat your baby.

Please note: This is a chance photo that recently arrived in a joke email. It is not anyone that I know!

But if you are hungry, fresh rolls are yummy plain. Really no one with a wee babe has time to make a sandwich anyway. When the time comes, I would totally send my daughter to hand deliver you some fresh baked buns.

Plus then I'd get the chance to hold your newborn!

13 Singing the blues:

crazymumma said...

I'm not pregnant (oh lordy I hope not), but she can come on over any time with that winsome smile of hers and play with my girls. Then Niloc and mr mumma can talk about tires while we lean against cars looking hawt.

Anonymous said...

awww what a sweetie pie!!!

That sandwich picture is hilarious!

Her Bad Mother said...

LOVE the sandwich picture! LOOOVE. Who cares if it's anonymous? LOVE.

Erin M said...

you baby is adorable offering up those buns. I just about dropped my son I was laughing so hard about that joke picture

motherbumper said...

What a pic! I'm both horrified and hungry at the same time. They are so darn edible those little cutie pies.

I must say your little lady is so darn cute.

moplans said...

I cannot even focus after seeing that photo. I was sure you had taken it.
Good Advice!
I'll let you hold my baby.

Anonymous said...

mmmm...eating babies...

kittenpie said...

You are quite baby mad, my dear. Don't worry, we'll have Lisa's and Nadine's soon enough!

Mom101 said...

Well thanks mama. Also for making me laugh so hard, you might have just cut my pregnancy by a day or so.

Run ANC said...

Funny picture! And disturbing.

Christina said...

I can't stop laughing at that baby eating picture!

And I would totally accept fresh baked buns from that cute little face, even without the promise of holding the baby for me.

Anonymous said...

That picutre is flipping fabulous!

PS- I finally completed the Real Mom Truths meme!

ewe are here said...

the picture is very amusing

and a new crop of babies to admire sounds lovely... ;-)