Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Mind, Body and Soul

I usually start each month thinking about my friends in the 'puter. Reminiscing about the things I have recently read. Sometimes a special post lingers with me and it will be the one that I choose to recognize. Other times, I'll go back and reread many words in search of finding just the right one. It is always something that moves me. No doubt there are many exceptional posts to choose from.

Yet there is something special about sharing a post that you know others haven't yet seen. A post that cries out to be read. This month I am awarding a brilliant gem of a friend that I am glad is still a bit of a secret from the mainstream blogworld. It's kind of like when I was sent the debut Coldplay album almost a year before it was released in North America. She's cool like that! She's talented like that!

The Original Perfect Post Awards – April 2007

In The Shape of Three, Kittenpie honours her daughter's third birthday by sharing with us the power held in that particular number. I agree that it is completely magical and as we round up Strawberry's third year this month, I know a few of the wondrous moments that are theirs to discover.

Colin carried around a mitsu tomoe symbol in his wallet for years before finally getting it tattooed on his leg. It made it even more significant to him when his two younger brothers later went out and got similar tattoos. (I like the way I made Colin's leg look smaller than my arms by squishing this photo. Bwahaha.)

I was aware of some of the mysterious facts surrounding the number three but when I read Kittenpie's words it all came together wrapped in a beautiful bow. Now I know why I have long held this number so close to my heart and it makes me want to hug Kittenpie. The thing that might make this award even more special is that it is her third perfect post! Coincidence? I think not!

Of course you can find the perfect round up for April by visiting MommaK and Lindsay.

17 Singing the blues:

Bea said...

What a fantastic choice. That post was incredible.

Anonymous said...

Now I have to go read it...Thanks for the heads up!

karengreeners said...

Yep, it's a good one.
I learned the value of three myself this year, even if it wasn't wrapped up so purty.

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

How did I miss that one!! I'm going right over there now to check it out. It sounds amazing.

crazymumma said...

That was an amazing post. She has such a great mind and was able to pull all of that inforamtion along with sentiment together.

Good choice!

Run ANC said...

That was a stellar post.

motherbumper said...

Excellent choice - three cheers for kittenpie and something baby blue!

Her Bad Mother said...

Kittenpie is beautiful like that. SO are you.

Gabriella said...

I agree also, it was an amazing post.

Sandra said...

Oh I missed that one. But she is a brilliant writer and always amazes me.

Missed you :)

kittenpie said...

Oh, Jana, what a sweet post! Thank you! (And I'll take that hug next time I see you!)

And Colin? Dude! I've been toying with a tomoye tat for years now, figuring out if it's the thing or not for my third. (Heh heh. Perfect.)

Medical Value Travel India said...

its very cute. thanks too share.....

Tips and Tricks blog said...

I love that idea. Awesome Post..

Dr. Ravi V said...

That was a VERY interesting one! Seriously interesting.

Dr. Vikas Panwar said...

That is great to hear, thank you for reading!

Health and Wellness Blog India said...

That was a VERY interesting one! Seriously interesting.

Penile Implant said...

That was a VERY interesting one! Seriously interesting.