Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Overcast

It's a gray dreary day. Clouds have crept into my mind. Words feel larger than I could possibly comprehend. Life, love, pain and happiness are beyond my grasp of understanding. I feel limited in my own skin. How I wish that I could be someone else for a short while. To know what those words mean in other situations with other people. I am enchanted by strangers. Everything that I know is not enough. I want more. I want different. Don't get me wrong. I am happy being me. I have a fairly easy, good life but this is a fascination that I know I cannot satisfy. To see the world through new eyes would be an astounding discovery. On days like this I feel trapped and incomplete. My only escape is to dream. Crawl under the duvet and wake up tomorrow when the sun comes out.

15 Singing the blues:

motherbumper said...

I know what you mean SBB.

I get into a funk when I feel confident about something but then come to the realization that what I know is so little in comparison to those around me who seem so much more in tune and knowledgeable.

I hate how I feel when I realize I'm clueless. Especially when I didn't feel clueless until someone proved (to me) that I know so little. Make sense?

Sorry to ramble, but I just want you to know - I get it.

metro mama said...

I ditto what MB said. I think we all have these feelings - we're our own harshest critics.

Gabriella said...

I completely understand this.

crazymumma said...

We women chafe at the bit don't we?

I so understand what you are talking about, I think many do and will. And you have put it so poetically, and clearly.

Hope you feel a little less restless tomorrow. Or at least soon.

I think it must be like a snake shedding it's skin....

mamatulip said...

I could have written what MB said above. I get this post. I often find myself wondering what it's like to live life through another set of eyes...and I wonder how others see me. You know?

Anyway. Yes, I get you.

Catherine said...

Hey there, I'm stopping by after following the link on your comment on B&P. I like this post...you express it well. Nice to meet you!

Anonymous said...

I've thought this so often; it's a drag, but it's also sort of uplifting in a weird way. to know that the world is bigger than any of us, our experiences are transcendant, that we're capable of going beyond ourselves.

only not.

anyway, I dig. I dig.

kittenpie said...

I've been feeling a bit down-in-the-dumpy, a bit stressed and strained and constrained a bit, too, lately. Too many demands, not enough left for me, never enough sleep or fun, but always too many chores and worries. We need to run away together for a vacation!

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

I hate that deep blue funky feeling. I hope you can pull yourself out from underneath it soon. It's not a good place to linger.

ewe are here said...

I often feel restless like this... not entirely sure what brings it on...

Love the picture...

Sandra said...

I completely and totally get this post only I couldn't have wrapped words around that feeling as eloquently as you have. Big hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

Dreaming is a beautiful thing ... That picture is so so a Canadian sky!

Run ANC said...

Ditto what Kittenpie said. A vacation would clear up my blues, I think. More fun. Less work.

Anonymous said...

I feel this exact same way sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I hope you're having a better day -- days like that are the worst.

((hugs))