Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Pop Quiz

What is the best way to get over feeling like a frump?
a) Get a new hair cut
b) Buy some new jeans
c) Accessorize
d) Receive a compliment
e) Do 100 abdominal crunches

Where is the best place to get picked up?
a) Seducing a stranger with bedroom eyes in a night club
b) While gently squeezing tomatoes at the super market
c) Picking up your child from daycare
d) In an aisle at your nationwide department store
e) Sipping an overpriced frothy latte at a café

Find the answers here!


Bonus questions!
1. Where do you find that people are the most approachable?
2. Do you have any memorable pick up lines that you care to share?

15 Singing the blues:

motherbumper said...

I always pick up best at pizza joints at 3am. I mean, I always used to pick up the best at pizza joints at 3am. I only frequent my fridge now at 3am after a wake up call from Bumper.

And best line - Gurrrrrl, you must be exhausted because you have been running through my mind all night. (or something like that, I was drunk when I heard it - and did it work? No but it was a nice try).

crazymumma said...

Hair. Its all about the hair.

and the gym. hot sweaty people....oh ya......

Anonymous said...

I am always homesick but now you are making me all lonesome for Zellars .. HAHA

Domestic Goddess said...

I seem to recall a slightly tipsy young woman offering to shower with a hunky young man and make him coffee in the morning if he spent the night with her lovely young roommate.

And people think I'm the wild one because I have the tattoos. Humph - no one really knows do they...?

ms blue said...

Tee hee hee... Well at least I was original and have a 100% success rate.

kittenpie said...

On #1 - all of the above.

Onthe others - what? How would I know? I've been off the market for so long, if Misterpie ever ditches me, I'm totally hooped.

petite gourmand said...

nothing like a little produce department flirting..

Unknown said...

Just doing a BlogHer tour here and you've brought back such memories with this post! Back in my single years, the most offensive line was when I was told I looked like a guy's 2nd grade teacher. When I balked, he assured me she was HOT. Ahhh, nothing like being every 7-year-old's fantasy.... :-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's the gym for me, too. Unfortunately, it's always the gay guys. Or, I guess, fortunately for me (I wouldn't want death-by-LA Mommy)

ewe are here said...

Hair and crunches.
I need to do both of these badly, by the way...

Grrrr.

Paul Champagne said...

best pick-up spot AA meetings ... at least that's where I did the best all those loooong years ago.

Anonymous said...

Who in their right mind would subject themselves to trying on jeans when feeling frumpy!?!

The new hair style, without question.

nonlineargirl said...

Haircut, always a haircut.

Anonymous said...

a) A haircut, provided it's not a disaster!

b) If I were 21 again, I'd pick the smoky nightclub because that shit actually worked for me. But now? i have no idea so I guess i better get over to Mommyblogs Toronto and find out!

Baby in the City said...

Good god woman, who shops for jeans when they're feeling frumpy? Nnoooooo..bad,bad,bad idea.

As for the best pick up line, a guy in a bar once asked me for my number and I kinda shook my head trying to kindly say no and he smiled and said OK, how about the last four numbers?
I gave them over.