Friday, September 21, 2007

A Midday Meal

I am currently on the west coast eco trippin'. My coworker and I were enjoying our lunch on a gorgeous heated patio. The view was superb. We were eating seafood under blankets on leather chairs by the fireplace. It was the best.

I love to people watch so I was checking out the patrons. There were people from my desired occupation -the ladies that lunch, a group of guys that had to be in a rock band, a few romantic couples, some locals that might work in the area and behind my left shoulder were three attractive guys. That's when I had to steal another look because one of them looked like he could possibly be Ben Affleck.

My coworker and I began a deep conversation over our crab. We were going back and forth, "It is him." "No it couldn't be." "Umm, he really looks like Ben." "Yes, oooh... I think it is." "No. His hair was shorter in the photos from the Toronto International Film Festival." "Right. He's most likely back in Hawaii." "Does Ben smoke?"

Finally we determined that it wasn't him but it was his smile that made him look so much like the Hollywood movie star. Too bad.



Find out how I'm doing on this latest eco trippin' adventure over here.

11 Singing the blues:

Kyla said...

Darn. If only it had been Ben. But the speculation was probably great fun!

The restaurant sounds AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

hahaha love the totally not Ben ... bummer tho he is a cutie! Sounds like your trip is going well :)

moplans said...

He smokes. That was totally him!

Anonymous said...

I dunno, I say it was him. And that he hit on you and you just don't want Niloc to know.
xoxox

kittenpie said...

Last I heard, Ben was in Tanzania with my boyfriend. Sounds like a great trip - too bad we're not all with you this time!

Gabriella said...

I'm thinking it was him too and you're just not telling ;-)

motherbumper said...

I love that you took a photo - because I would have done the exact same thing.

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

If it was him I would be totally disappointed that Ben was smoking.

petite gourmand said...

totally looks like ben...sounds like fun!

Lisa said...

OH that's wild. How cool! Sounds like a fun place to eat too.

NotSoSage said...

That was probably my brother. He's totally a smoking Ben Affleck clone. And given your location, it's entirely possible that it was!